Everyone says hello here so I'll say Gut Morgan :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Everyone says hello here so I'll say Gut Morgan :)

Postby EmuCat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 pm

...And I can't speak German! Hey, I'm EmuCat. I am 15 and I have been diagnosed with dyspraxia (obviously) and I use a laptop to do most of my schoolwork and long tests on because my handwriting is awful! Seriously, it looks like I've been splatting spiders on my page and using them as letters! :/
I have difficulties in Maths and Languages, but I can understand Maths that include things like pictograms and stuff. It just makes more sense to me! I also can just about translate some Latin, although I've given up, because I have a rather wide vocabulary and can use some simular English words that have derived from Latin roots. I like doing Drama, and I would like to be a voice actor when I am older :) I also love writing, although I rarely get enough time to do so anymore :(
I am quite shy, which actually helps me in Drama because I tend to notice the subtle movements and reactions people have to stimuli. I also have a random Phobia of my nails catching on fabric, so I bite them all the way down, practically to the knuckle :/
Oh well, I appear to have written an essay here, so I'll break it off!
This concludes my first post on this board :)
EmuCat
xxx
EmuCat

Re: Everyone says hello here so I'll say Gut Morgan :)

Postby Steph » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby bpcooper » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Hello there, I'm Benedict and i'm 18 and have Asperger Syndrome and Dyspraxia.
I also used to use a laptop during my school years and it really helped me :D

Hope you enjoy the forums.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby EmuCat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank-you guys :)
I too have 3 cats! Two are elderly (Jasmine (female) - 17 and Bertie (male) - 19) and one adult (Oreo (male) - 8)
I also have loads of Giant African Land Snails in a tank :)

As you can see I love animals of all kinds, even spiders, snakes, rats and cockroaches! xD

My laptop has been extremely useful in school, as my grip on a pen is "force not precision" (Quoting my Dad :)), and I used to get red marks on my hands and would smudge all my writing (I usually write with my left hand, but I am ambidextrious!)

The only problem is is that a lot of people at my school are jealous of me, even though I am probably seen as "uncool"

EmuCat
xxx
EmuCat

Postby parnassus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello EmuCat,

My name is Vicky and I'm twenty-three. I helped to set up Dyspraxic Teens when I was sixteen. It feels like yesterday and it's hard for me to grasp how much time has gone by. I'm very similar to Steph - she and I share our diagnoses (dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome) and we also have similar jobs. I am a learning support assistant in a special needs college run by Mencap, working with students in their late teens and early twenties.

I share your interest in drama. I used to love acting at school, but when I got to university I was too intimidated to keep it up. I'm a passable actress, but the people I met at Cambridge were talented beyond belief, and I couldn't hope to beat them in competition for parts. I wish I had thought of getting involved in some other way; it would have been nice to direct and produce a play of my own. That is one of my ambitions. When I come back from Palestine in 2011 I am going to get involved in an amateur theatre company, I think.

I love animals too! I have a cat called Giles (Danni has half shares in him) and a corn snake called Lieutenant Gruber. He is so named because he lives in a little tank. :)

Vicky
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello there, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!

P.S. I can't speak German either even though I have a D in it. :P
Remus
Site Admin

Postby shadowhunter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi i enjoy doing drama aswell :lol: i am 14 and am also new
shadowhunter

Return to Welcome