Heyo people =3

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Heyo people =3

Postby Speedeh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 pm

So hey! My name is Nel, I'm 17, I was diagnosed with dyspraxia about 4 months ago. People thought I was dyslexic for years because I couldn't write and my reading wasn't great, however my reading was semi-resolved by the fact I needed reading glasses lol

I'm really not great with much, I can't write, play sports, instruments, dance, I can draw however, I have a deviantart account here: http://speedeh.deviantart.com/ although drawing can become quite painful for my wrist it's worth it, I enjoy it so much
My boyfriend is attempting to teach me piano xD I've always wanted to play it, but I fail so badly, hopefully maybe he can teach me to play a little song atleast.
I failed quite a lot of my GCSE exams because they couldn't read my writing, but I managed enough Cs to go to college, where I was allowed to do my exams on a laptop and I feel I did much better =3 I've now left college due to another illness, not gonna get into it, but I can't really go to college anymore. I started my own buisness dog walking and petsitting, which is going really well so far! I'm making enough money to get by and it's a fun and relaxing job =D

So I have pets! yay! three cats called Timmy, Brillo and Moon Cat, a hamster called Night Fluff and soon I'll be getting a dog! so can't wait for that! he/she has been my motivation! I've always wanted one since I was a kid.

Eep, I'm blabbing on rofl anyways, so hi! I hope you guys can teach me a bit more about dyspraxia and how to cope with it!
Speedeh

Re: Heyo people =3

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi, Nel! I'm Beth, I'm eighteen and I have severe dyspraxia and mild dyslexia. I have three cats too. Their names are Josephine, Napoleon and Charlie. Charlie's our most recent one, he's still a small kitten :D
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello Nel, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!

P.S. I love your drawings, they are amazing! You have a quite a talent! Plus I love your animal's name, quite creative. Especially Moon Cat and Night Fluff, that's cute! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Speedeh » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks people! how do you find out how bad your dyspraxia is? all I was told was that I have it lol

I like giving my pets unique names xD
Speedeh

Postby bpcooper » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 am

WOW, I am blown away by your pictures, they are truly amazing.
I've always found that Dyspraxic's have like 1-2 things which their coordination is perfect in and the rest is why we've been diagnosed xD.

Anyway, i'm Benedict and I'm 18 and have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome.
I hope you feel at home at the forums as these forums (like your drawings) are epic :D
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:45 pm

welcome
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Welcome the to forum. I hope you like it here.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Speedeh » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Thankyou all for the welcomes and compliments! =3
Speedeh

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Nel, Welcome to the forum, Im James im 17 and have Dyspraxia its nice to meet you
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby AndrewCook95 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey Nel, I'm Andrew, I'm 15 and I was diagnosed when I was around 7 or 8. I just have to say your drawings are AMAZING! I can't draw to save my life but I make up for it with my reading ability; when I was 7 I had the reading age of a teenager. I only discovered these boards yesterday so now I can talk to other people like me. My interests are mainly Twilight, Paramore, Metallica and Guitar Hero.
AndrewCook95
Forum Master

Postby Speedeh » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks! nice to meet you too! =3 wow you're a good reader? I'd love love love to be a good reader, but I can't read to save my life xD I've only ever read one book without pictures on my own and it was a really short book with big letters... read it when I was 16
Speedeh

Return to Welcome