Hi i'm Callum and i'm 14

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi i'm Callum and i'm 14

Postby CallumCarr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi, my name Is Callum and I'm 14, i was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 5/6. I used to go for regular (weekly) exercises at my local hospital when I was around the age of 8. At these sessions I used to do exercises to help my coordination and motor skills, I used to find these challenging and I gradually developed my physical coordination throughout the course. I find it hard to remember what things I am supposed to be doing and often have to ask again, this worries me as i would like to be a primary school teacher when I leave school. :? I enjoy listening to music and watching films, I enjoy school and have been told I am capable of A*'s and I sometimes find it hard to concentrate due to sounds around the classroom and friends talking to me.
CallumCarr

Re: Hi i'm Callum and i'm 14

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi Callum im James im 17 from stafford i was diagnosed with dyspraxia when i was 6 years old welcome to the forum hope you find new friends :) i am currently in 6th form studying ICT and Media then i want to become a high school ICT teacher/ SENCO
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Ben Jackson » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi Callum,
Welcome to DT.
I'm Ben and I've got gross (bad) and verbal dyspraxia and condition that my hands wobble when I pick some things up.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby monkey » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:10 pm

welcome
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby galexy96 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:16 pm

hi, I'm Lucy, I'm 14 from Essex, i was diagnosed when i was 8. I am interested in science :D
welcome
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Macha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it here.

Now please get rid of the huge signature image. I don't mean to be mean, but that's ridiculously large. It shoves all the buttons like Edit, Quote, etc. off the right hand side of my screen.
Macha
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello Callum, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Fenrir » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Callum

Im Dan, 16. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia sometime between the ages 2 & 4. I love music (its kind of an obsession. I can sing tons of songs (not very good mind you :p). For an example, i now know every single lyric to about 9-11 songs off eminems new album) , and i'm currently learning guitar. Im also interested in military planes, and making models of them, along with other models (warhammer 40k etc). I'm also in my first year of college.
Fenrir
Super Poster

Postby James Brimer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 am

Salve. ego sum James. qius tu?

See if you can work that out with out google translator... Pretty easy to get. If you get that try this:

James videt ad computer. James calmat ad amicus. amicus in tablino laborat.

Hi.
I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia and other stuff at seven. I hate foot ball and most other sports apart from archery. I am fourteen.

James
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Rhiannonw1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey Callum,
My daughter is 23yr old, she has just finished Uni, she has just qualified as a Science teacher..she too has Chronic Dyspraxia, 1/5 centile, one of the worst cases seen.. so keep your chin up and keep up the good work and I'm sure if you really want it it's yours. :wink:

Rhiannon Webster :lol: :lol:
Rhiannonw1

Postby Creative » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 pm

That's fantastic that your daughter is now a Science teacher. I reallyy struggled with Science at school. This is a huge achievement for a dyspraxic!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

hi im lucy. i studing animal care and hoping to become a dog beahviourst.
welcome to the forum
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Welcome to the forum Callum. I hope you find it helpful. I'm 26 and I volunteer at my local library and I spent a lot of my spare time reading.
Creative
Forum God !

Next

Return to Welcome