So this is me.

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

So this is me.

Postby missteacup » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I just joined a couple of minutes ago because I wanted to talk to you all.

I came here on a google search for 'dyspraxia in job interviews' since I'm not having a lot of luck with those recently.

I'm 21, but I've only be diagnosed with dyspraxia for three years. It's made a lot of sense, but I'm still trying to find ways of coping with the obstacles it throws in my way daily. My friends are pretty understanding about it - I've hardly had to tell them about it; they knew what I was like before I got diagnosed anyway - but my family aren't so much. I'm finding hardly anyone knows what it is and that it's so important to disclose it at the right time (which I'm not doing at the moment :( ).

I've finished a university course in English Language but thanks to my poor study skills I haven't passed. I love meeting new people and learning from them, as well as reading, writing and watching television and films!

So happy to have found this place and hello again!
missteacup

Re: So this is me.

Postby wm1995 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi missteacup. I'm William, aged 15 and live in London. My interests are in Computers, Sciences and Maths. You should be able to find plenty of people who can help with your job interviews, although unfortunately I am not one of them. Enjoy the forums!
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Creative » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 26 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I volunteer at a charity shop, a dyslexia organisation and at my local library.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi welcome to the forum im James im 17 i was diagnosed with dyspraxia when i was 6 my interests are ICT, and Egyptology also i have two pet leopard geckos named Jack and Sam. Unfortunatley i am also struggling with jobs although im only looking for part time or weekends but hopefully you'll find something soon also there should be more people on here who know more about jobs and interviews.

Nice to meet you

James :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. The memories of job interviews and applications is still fresh for me so feel free to ask me any questions you like.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 pm

welcome. I have dyspraxia and dyslexia. univeristy is difficult. I also am nto good at pasing. But I am smart.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Ben Jackson » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 am

Hi missteacup welcome to DT,
I'm Ben and I've got dyspraxia (both bad and verbal) and also condition that my make my hands shake when holding some-things.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Hello, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome