Newbie Here!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Newbie Here!

Postby DyspraxiaNoMore » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Howdy everyone! I'm Vicky and I'm a newbie to the forums. I actually discovered that I had dyspraxia a little later than most other kids. I discovered it when I was 11 (my parents weren't very good at taking me to doctors despite problems) and now I'm getting the help that I need. I still have some motor skill issues, but I'm getting better. Typing this is even a bit of a struggle.

Anyway, I'm super glad to be here with other people like myself. Take care, guys!
Victoria
If you have a physical disorder like dyspraxia, a medical alarm is definitely advisable!
DyspraxiaNoMore

Re: Newbie Here!

Postby Creative » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby TK2oo8 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Hey, Vicky. Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm Tom. I'm 16, and I was only diagnosed about 2 years ago. I've only been on the forum for about a month, and it's great. I think you'll like it here. :D
TK2oo8
Advanced Member

Postby wm1995 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 am

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:40 am

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Ben Jackson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Vicky,
Welcome to DT.
I'm Ben and I've got dyspraxia (both bad and verbal) and an condition that makes hands wobble when picking up some things.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Vicky
Welcome to the Forum
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello Vicky, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm

hi
Im Lucy and im mild dyspraxic. I'm 14 and i'm in year 10 at school. I like science and astronomy and i have 2 cats :D I hope you enjoy the boards :D
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby monkey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 pm

welcome.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Another Vicky! This could get confusing. Oh well, I suppose you can never have too much of a good thing. ;)

I am twenty-three years old and I've been a moderator on Dyspraxic Teens since its creation seven years ago. (Oof, it feels hard to believe that we've been around that long.) I have dyspraxia and Asperger's Syndrome. I work in a similar job to Steph's, supporting young people with Down's Syndrome and other intellectual disabilities in a residential college. In fact, reading Steph's bio is a good way to learn about me more generally - I share her interest in other cultures and languages along with her job and her diagnoses. :P My other hobbies are reading, playing the cello, swimming, and bouncing on my trampoline.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome