Hello All

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello All

Postby PopOnImpact » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Hello I thought I should post a welcome post since I'm now signed up, I doubt I will be particularly active, I have never been a forum sorta person if you understand but I think they're a great tool. Yes I'm dispraxic, I suppose mildly but never having met another Dispraxic person and spoken I cannot tell or if I have they themselves were not aware of it so I really have nothing to compare it to.

Okay, first some background, I'm 18 years old from the united kingdom, I was diagnosed with dispraxia at rough age 10, at that time, I was always bumping into things, my handwriting was atrocious and I had the social skills of well, someone with very poor social skills, as I've got older the problems have receded a lot, I no longer bump into things all the time though I still am clumsier than the average, though I still write like a child but it's legible now and while I am not (and will never be, nor want) be the king of extroversion, I am comfortable around people, at making friends and am now no longer the person I was, which is a good thing I do not want to go back, This may seem wrong to say but I am in my current mind actually quite embarrassed about my old self and my habits and while I still retain things that drive me crazy sometimes I am now what I like to call a world rounded individual.

I am currently at college, I'm taking an extra year to make up for my shoddy first year.
Now I don't know if I'm too old to be posting here, I'm still a teen I suppose but really as I said, I actually signed up to post under 1 topic and while I'm here I might as well.

EDIT: Just a quick edit. I just read the post on attitudes to dispraxia and just thought I'd put my opinion on dispraxia.

Given the choice to not have dispraxia, would I? No I don't think I would, Dispraxia influences my personality I think more than I care to image and without it I don't think I would be me. Don't get me wrong some of the symptoms are just plain tedious but the little influences it has on my personality are enough that I would not be me without them.

Also I just want to say that when I said I'm embarrassed of my old self it was not said to say that dispraxic's should be embarrassed or ashamed just that the person I am now differs so much from the person I was then that I feel like a different person, and sometimes I worry that old friends and acquaintances still see that old self.
PopOnImpact

Re: Hello All

Postby Steph » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:57 pm

You're not too old to post here.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby bpcooper » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm

You're definitely not too old to post here, if anything looking at the average users age of the website you're too young :L

Anyway, I'm Benedict I'm 18 and have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome :D
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello welcome to the Forum im James im 17 hope you enjoy it here
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby monkey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 pm

welocme.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby wm1995 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi. I'm William and I'm 15 years old. I hope you enjoy the forum.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome