Hi i'm really confused can anyone help me?

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi i'm really confused can anyone help me?

Postby eternal snow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

I try to avoid forumes at all cost considering how confusing they really are lol but my mother helped me to sign up to it but how to work is beyound me. I signed up yesteraday with it activating it sucessfully. I have never met someone or spoken to someone probably who had the same condition as me, so this was a good opertunity, if anyone can help me out it would be much appricated :) sorry to be a pain, i'm just frazzeled. :)
Thanks if you can help
Faye,
eternal snow

Re: Hi i'm really confused can anyone help me?

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:16 am

Hi Im James im 17 i was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was 6 when i first joined DT i had never been on a forum before and now im registered to a couple of them. Anyway you post what you want there different forums for different posts.

Fun Forum is for games like we have the one word story where you can add a word to the story.

Blue day cafe is where you can post your problems that you are having. Only Registered members can view these posts.

Chat Cafe is for talking about whatever you want to chat about Good times, Bad Times, Dyspraxic times. Only registered members can view these posts.

General Dyspraxia chat is for anything Dyspraxia related

Debate Forum is where we discuss a variety of issues politics, big issues in the news, etc
Welcome to the Forum :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 am

Carrying on from my last post

Movie, Music, Books, Theatre etc This is for discuss anything entertainment related for example we often talk about music that we are listening to, tv shows that we like, movies we have been to see, games that we have played etc

Bully Watch This is where we discuss Bullying issues such as best ways to deal with bullies and discuss when we have been bullied.

Creative forum This where you can post creative things that you have done for example you can post pictures that you have drawn, poems that you have written or discuss other creative things that you have done.

Your Achievements This where you can post about your greatest achievements.

No Spamming we currently have a number of spammers on the website just ignore there posts spammers will come up as newbie members and will online post links to websites or try to sell something.

Hope you enjoy the forum feel free to post where you want to comment on others threads just say what you feel.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby abi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 am

hi
my name is abi, and i am 18. welcome to the forum.

i think what you will want information on is ettiquette, rather than actual working of the forum. in general, if you are polite and sensible, you wil have no problems. unless you are really out of line, for example directly and severely insulting an individual, there is unlikley to be a problem. also, check the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

other suggestions i can give you are;
i suggest you keep a note of users who are called by thier real life name, but have a different username displayed, for example, parnassus is vicky.
i find it is a good idea to put posts in word and use spellchecker before posting.
dont be afraid to ask for help, i will help if you ask, and there are very few people here who would not be willing to help where they can. if you need, you are welcome tp PM (personal message) me (the button marked PM at the bottom an individual post) or contact me on facebook (i use the name abby hpokins there) or MSN (use the button next to the PM button).
i have not found 1 unpleasant person here, and if you want help, ask for it.

the forum is generally quite siimple to work, and im sure you understand it as you have already posted here, but il put instructions here anyway.
to read a post-
find the home or index page
select a category to read a post from
click on this category title
choose the post you want to read, and click on the title

to sort posts, you can either go from the index/home page as i described above, or you can sort posts and see all the new posts in one go. to do this, at the upper right hand side of the page, there is a button called "viiew new posts". this is what i use. you also have other options along the top of the page, just above the list of sub headings.

to reply to a post -
find the thread (group of posts) you want to reply to
go to the very bottom of the page. you may need to go the last page of awnsers if the topic is a very hot (active/long) one.
click on the post reply buton near the left side of the screen below all the other posts
write your reply
click on the submit button

to start a new thread/topic-
go to the bottom of a thread that is in the category you want to post in, and click the button next to the post reply button, and post similarly to replying.
or
go to the bottom or top of the category you want to post in, and click the same button.

if you need anything,feel free to ask me. if i can help i will.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Return to Welcome