Hello, i'm a 13 yr old new member!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello, i'm a 13 yr old new member!

Postby roseimagines19 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi, how are you???

I"m Elsie (pronounced LC, you can call me LC if you want) i'm 13 on the 19th january, so i'm not technically a teen yet, but i'm hoping to be able to talk to other people who feel like me.

I hate PE. :twisted: I have a mean PE teacher who always tells me off for "not making enough effort" and "just standing there" when i'm really trying my best. I always try hard, but my best doesn't seem to be good enough for her! She claims she knows how i feel because she taught someone with dyspraxia before, but that doesn't mean she knows me! :x

But i'm going to be positive now! I love reading, and i read really fast. I once read all the Harry Potter books in less than a week! I also love writing and i am working on a story at the moment. I also like writing poetry. My favourite colour is purple, and i love chocolate!

One year my mum home educated me, it was year six so i didn't have to do the SAT's :D PE was good then because we went swimming, walked the dog, my auntie took me climbing and we did Pilates, which is a bit like yoga.

I hope we can be friends on this forum, enough about me- what about you? :D
roseimagines19
Forum Master

Re: Hello, i'm a 13 yr old new member!

Postby Creative » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 26 and I volunteer at my local library, at a toyroom in a charity shop and for a dyslexia organisation.
I like reading, cats and watching tv. I belong to a singing group and go to a keep fit class.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:40 pm

hi im lucy. i am 20 and am styding animal care. i love animals and want to become a dog behaiviourst. welcome the forum and i hope you find it uselful
wadey
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 am

Hi im James im 17 from stafford i am a 6th form student at stafford sports college, I was Diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was 6 and i have a pet leopard gecko named Jack

Welcome to the Forum :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello Elsie, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:45 pm

hi, I'm Lucy and I'm 14. I'm in year 10 at school, and i enjoy studying science at school. I have 2 cats called Jacko ( After Michael Jackson :D ) and Ash.

Welcome to the forum :D
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby roseimagines19 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi everyone! thanks for replying! :D i hope we can all be friends!

I was diagnosed when i was 8, and got a bit annoyed because they made me go out the room. I kind of told off my parents later because it was about me and i didn't see why i couldn't be in there!!!! :lol:

I have a 2 yr old dog called poppy (she's next to me on the sofa now) and a 9 yr old cat called midnight. They are both black (Poppy is a black lab)
:D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Tagore
roseimagines19
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Yeah I was sent out of the room when I was diagnosed with Aspergers, also at the age of 8. I just remember swinging round in one of those roller chairs for ages until my parents came out.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby roseimagines19 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I was sent up to my room. and then my parents told me. I remember i didn't want anyone to know, and i was cross with my parents that they had to tell my sister. i'm embarrased about telling people as well. NOt all my friends know, i think just two of them :D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Tagore
roseimagines19
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 pm

My experience of being sent out was actually at the local child psychiatrist's office. I felt strange that she had asked all these questions and observed me for so long and then sent me out of the room! As for finding out, I worked out I had Aspergers Syndrome myself and then found out about the dyspraxia later on.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I don't remember the day I was diagosed very well, which i werid, because I usually have a good long-term memory even if my short-term one is rubbish.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't remember the day I was dianosed very well either. My OT was really nice and I had to do lots of tests and do some physical things like jumping and standing on one leg. And I remember her saying that it was a miracle that I had managed as well as I had at school. I didn't think I had managed that well myself!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wm1995 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Sorry, I seem to have neglected to welcome you. Welcome! I am 15 years old, and I live in the UK. My favourite colour is purple too! My favourite shade of purple is somewhere between this and this.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby roseimagines19 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm

wm1995 wrote:Sorry, I seem to have neglected to welcome you. Welcome! I am 15 years old, and I live in the UK. My favourite colour is purple too! My favourite shade of purple is somewhere between this and this.

If you like purple as much as me i am SURE we can be friends!
Rabindranath Tagore
roseimagines19
Forum Master

Next

Return to Welcome