Hello! =)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Re: Hello! =)

Postby wadey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 am

ohpandahat wrote:
wadey wrote:
ohpandahat wrote:Cool! I did my first diploma last year but I injured my back and had to have an operation so I had to finnish the course from home! I'm going down the A level route instead of a national diploma because of my back problems.
I can imagine it would be hard going through the police force! I like watching that "send in the dogs" programme on tv about police dogs! I watch most things animal related haha!
So do you have to do animal behaviour at university then?
Do you have to travel far to get to college? I used to have to go from Nottingham to Leicester which was really annoying! It used to take me 2 hours to get home some nights!


Sorry to hear that you injured your back. I also love 'send in the dogs'. I watch most programmes to do with the police. I love anything to do with the police. When I left school I wasnt sure if to have a career with animals or a Foresinc Sciencst, I may still study to do this career later on in life. I not sure if I have to do aniaml beahaviour at uni, Im going to get my ALS tutor (addtional learning support) to help me to find out. My college is in Canterbury which is about 45 minutes away from where I live so it not that bad.


Yes, I like watching some of the programmes about the police. I like justice!!! I think it's good to be intersted in more than one thing. Who says you have to have one job / career all of your life ... boring! I don't want to have the same job forever so i'll probably end up doing many more courses!


I think I want to stay with the police force but just do different things, the only problem with that is im terriferd of alstastions as I got attacked by one when i was little. but hopefully i will overccome this fear!! What other jobs are you intrseted in?
User avatar
wadey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Thanet

Re: Hello! =)

Postby Super Nekou » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am

ohpandahat wrote:The problem is, they don't always say in black and white that you have something. They tend to say you have symptoms of it. Which is really annoying! I'm doing level 1 maths at the moment too and I have a rediculously low percentile! I'm sure you do have dyscalculia because i'm sure you wouldn't be struggling so much if you didn't!

Haha! Don't worry about the rambling! We all like a good ramble! :P I have a great boyfriend too who has alot of symptoms of dyspraxia but he has had a diagnosis! I socialise with his friends because being around him makes me feel more confident. It's really great to talk on here with other like minded people!

I always like the baddies too! Even though in reality I always want to be the nicest possible person! I love Snape's voice! Well, Alan Rickman's voice. I had a seriously disturbing dream about Snape once, I wont share. *shudder* :oops: I actually didn't read the Harry Potter books - for some reason, I just couldn't get into her writing style. That's quite odd for me though because I love reading so much! And I love Harry Potter! Noooooooo, Dobby!!!! :cry:

Are you at college then?


Oh yes, that was annoying. I dont want to say I have it as I havent been diagnosed, but then again, it would make people aware I have significant enough problems with the subject. It's tricky.

It's always good to see other people who have understanding boyfriends too. He comes in handy because he's great at maths so I use him as my human calculator when he's with me >_>

Funnily enough I am somewhat the same. Even in games where you can portray roles I am always the good one. Straaange. Alan Rickman has a fantastic voice that totally fits Snape. I wont spoil TDH pt 2 for you, but there is a lot of Snape in it. I think you'll quite enjoy it.
I've had my fair share of disturbing dreams and characters too..not with HP, lately it's been Doctor Who, which has ended up in such an embarrassing crush on someone >_<
For shame! The books are great. Think you could listen to them on audio? Stephen Fry narrates them. I have no idea what they're like, but it might work. I get quite sad when I cant really get into a writers style I want to read..Terry Pratchett, for example.

I left college in June of last year. I'm currently looking for a job in ICT technician work and getting nowhere. How about yourself? From skimreading I know you're doing something with animals..havent read everyone elses conversations as I dont want to intrude >_>
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
User avatar
Super Nekou
Forum Master
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: North East England

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Remus wrote:Hello Jenna, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!


Hi! Nice to meet you!

It's so difficult trying to get a diagnosis, isn't it!? I had to pay a rediculous amount for mine :(

Your not too far from me then, i'm in Nottingham! Wow, it would be amazing to be a zookeeper! Although, i've heard that you don't get to choose what animals you look after, they tell you which animals your working with? Where are you studying you animal management course?
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Sorry to hear that you injured your back. I also love 'send in the dogs'. I watch most programmes to do with the police. I love anything to do with the police. When I left school I wasnt sure if to have a career with animals or a Foresinc Sciencst, I may still study to do this career later on in life. I not sure if I have to do aniaml beahaviour at uni, Im going to get my ALS tutor (addtional learning support) to help me to find out. My college is in Canterbury which is about 45 minutes away from where I live so it not that bad.


Yes, I like watching some of the programmes about the police. I like justice!!! I think it's good to be intersted in more than one thing. Who says you have to have one job / career all of your life ... boring! I don't want to have the same job forever so i'll probably end up doing many more courses!


I think I want to stay with the police force but just do different things, the only problem with that is im terriferd of alstastions as I got attacked by one when i was little. but hopefully i will overccome this fear!! What other jobs are you intrseted in?


Yes, I think it's good when theres different pathways you could go down. Would you want to train the drug dogs or the alsations or would you have to train them both? I'm sure you can overcome that fear!

Hmm well apart from working with animals, I like biology so maybe something linked with that or working with people with learning disabilities maybe!
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Super Nekou wrote:
ohpandahat wrote:The problem is, they don't always say in black and white that you have something. They tend to say you have symptoms of it. Which is really annoying! I'm doing level 1 maths at the moment too and I have a rediculously low percentile! I'm sure you do have dyscalculia because i'm sure you wouldn't be struggling so much if you didn't!

Haha! Don't worry about the rambling! We all like a good ramble! :P I have a great boyfriend too who has alot of symptoms of dyspraxia but he has had a diagnosis! I socialise with his friends because being around him makes me feel more confident. It's really great to talk on here with other like minded people!

I always like the baddies too! Even though in reality I always want to be the nicest possible person! I love Snape's voice! Well, Alan Rickman's voice. I had a seriously disturbing dream about Snape once, I wont share. *shudder* :oops: I actually didn't read the Harry Potter books - for some reason, I just couldn't get into her writing style. That's quite odd for me though because I love reading so much! And I love Harry Potter! Noooooooo, Dobby!!!! :cry:

Are you at college then?


Oh yes, that was annoying. I dont want to say I have it as I havent been diagnosed, but then again, it would make people aware I have significant enough problems with the subject. It's tricky.

It's always good to see other people who have understanding boyfriends too. He comes in handy because he's great at maths so I use him as my human calculator when he's with me >_>

Funnily enough I am somewhat the same. Even in games where you can portray roles I am always the good one. Straaange. Alan Rickman has a fantastic voice that totally fits Snape. I wont spoil TDH pt 2 for you, but there is a lot of Snape in it. I think you'll quite enjoy it.
I've had my fair share of disturbing dreams and characters too..not with HP, lately it's been Doctor Who, which has ended up in such an embarrassing crush on someone >_<
For shame! The books are great. Think you could listen to them on audio? Stephen Fry narrates them. I have no idea what they're like, but it might work. I get quite sad when I cant really get into a writers style I want to read..Terry Pratchett, for example.

I left college in June of last year. I'm currently looking for a job in ICT technician work and getting nowhere. How about yourself? From skimreading I know you're doing something with animals..havent read everyone elses conversations as I dont want to intrude >_>


I don't know why I have such a Snape obsession ha! Oooh, I like doctor who too! I quite like the guy who currently plays the dr. I really, really don't like David Tennant! His eyes really scare me! So I enjoy doctor who more without him in it! :shock:

Audio books are a good idea actually and I do like Steven Fry ... ah, Terry Pratchett. I've read some of his discworld novels. Some of them I love and others I can't get into.

It's so hard to get a job at the moment! My boyfriend's tearing his hair out trying to find one! I'm doing a biology GCSE at the moment and adult learning maths class, in september i'm hopefully doing my A Levels! I've decided, it's best for me to stay in education for as long as possible with the way that finding jobs are at the moment! I've done animal care at college and art and design! I'm quite random, I like to try lots of different things!

What sort of books do you like to read? Do you like manga / anime?
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby Super Nekou » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm

ohpandahat wrote:
Super Nekou wrote:
ohpandahat wrote:The problem is, they don't always say in black and white that you have something. They tend to say you have symptoms of it. Which is really annoying! I'm doing level 1 maths at the moment too and I have a rediculously low percentile! I'm sure you do have dyscalculia because i'm sure you wouldn't be struggling so much if you didn't!

Haha! Don't worry about the rambling! We all like a good ramble! :P I have a great boyfriend too who has alot of symptoms of dyspraxia but he has had a diagnosis! I socialise with his friends because being around him makes me feel more confident. It's really great to talk on here with other like minded people!

I always like the baddies too! Even though in reality I always want to be the nicest possible person! I love Snape's voice! Well, Alan Rickman's voice. I had a seriously disturbing dream about Snape once, I wont share. *shudder* :oops: I actually didn't read the Harry Potter books - for some reason, I just couldn't get into her writing style. That's quite odd for me though because I love reading so much! And I love Harry Potter! Noooooooo, Dobby!!!! :cry:

Are you at college then?


Oh yes, that was annoying. I dont want to say I have it as I havent been diagnosed, but then again, it would make people aware I have significant enough problems with the subject. It's tricky.

It's always good to see other people who have understanding boyfriends too. He comes in handy because he's great at maths so I use him as my human calculator when he's with me >_>

Funnily enough I am somewhat the same. Even in games where you can portray roles I am always the good one. Straaange. Alan Rickman has a fantastic voice that totally fits Snape. I wont spoil TDH pt 2 for you, but there is a lot of Snape in it. I think you'll quite enjoy it.
I've had my fair share of disturbing dreams and characters too..not with HP, lately it's been Doctor Who, which has ended up in such an embarrassing crush on someone >_<
For shame! The books are great. Think you could listen to them on audio? Stephen Fry narrates them. I have no idea what they're like, but it might work. I get quite sad when I cant really get into a writers style I want to read..Terry Pratchett, for example.

I left college in June of last year. I'm currently looking for a job in ICT technician work and getting nowhere. How about yourself? From skimreading I know you're doing something with animals..havent read everyone elses conversations as I dont want to intrude >_>


I don't know why I have such a Snape obsession ha! Oooh, I like doctor who too! I quite like the guy who currently plays the dr. I really, really don't like David Tennant! His eyes really scare me! So I enjoy doctor who more without him in it! :shock:

Audio books are a good idea actually and I do like Steven Fry ... ah, Terry Pratchett. I've read some of his discworld novels. Some of them I love and others I can't get into.

It's so hard to get a job at the moment! My boyfriend's tearing his hair out trying to find one! I'm doing a biology GCSE at the moment and adult learning maths class, in september i'm hopefully doing my A Levels! I've decided, it's best for me to stay in education for as long as possible with the way that finding jobs are at the moment! I've done animal care at college and art and design! I'm quite random, I like to try lots of different things!

What sort of books do you like to read? Do you like manga / anime?


As my avatar, signature and various other posts here show I'm a huge DW fan. Pretty obsessed with it really >_> I really hated Tennant as the Doctor. Did not fit whatsoever. He was too un-Doctory for me. Really looking forward to the new series. It's split into two, so 6 episodes are showing in April and 7 in September.

As is mine. He has no experience so it's quite tough. Nor do I either though so it's just as hard. I would have liked to have stayed in education but I didnt want to go to Uni and I'd rather not go back to the college I previously attended. Everywhere else is just too far for me. I really enjoyed art and drawing, but I quite like writing.

Sadly I dont read as much as I should..I have a minature attention span. I like Sci-Fi books, and fantasy. I also like a series for children that is about cats. I'm about to start a Doctor Who book this afternoon.
I'm not a fan really..I used to be, and I watched .hack//SIGN in my teens, but I never really got into it.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
User avatar
Super Nekou
Forum Master
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: North East England

Re: Hello! =)

Postby wadey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

ohpandahat wrote:
Yes, I like watching some of the programmes about the police. I like justice!!! I think it's good to be intersted in more than one thing. Who says you have to have one job / career all of your life ... boring! I don't want to have the same job forever so i'll probably end up doing many more courses!


I think I want to stay with the police force but just do different things, the only problem with that is im terriferd of alstastions as I got attacked by one when i was little. but hopefully i will overccome this fear!! What other jobs are you intrseted in?


Yes, I think it's good when theres different pathways you could go down. Would you want to train the drug dogs or the alsations or would you have to train them both? I'm sure you can overcome that fear!

Hmm well apart from working with animals, I like biology so maybe something linked with that or working with people with learning disabilities maybe!


I would want to work both but dont know if they seprates jobs or not. I not very good at biology, but that could be beacuse my tutor not very good at explaining it. She normal says I dont know what Im teaching you so go and look it up in a book. (I have dyslexia as well as dyspraxia so I tend not to read books). Working with people learing disabilties is a great chocie! During the summer hoildays I work at a scheme when I look after serverly disabled children for the day to give their parents restbite- very hard work but very awarding at the same time.
User avatar
wadey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Thanet

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh yes, that was annoying. I dont want to say I have it as I havent been diagnosed, but then again, it would make people aware I have significant enough problems with the subject. It's tricky.

It's always good to see other people who have understanding boyfriends too. He comes in handy because he's great at maths so I use him as my human calculator when he's with me >_>

Funnily enough I am somewhat the same. Even in games where you can portray roles I am always the good one. Straaange. Alan Rickman has a fantastic voice that totally fits Snape. I wont spoil TDH pt 2 for you, but there is a lot of Snape in it. I think you'll quite enjoy it.
I've had my fair share of disturbing dreams and characters too..not with HP, lately it's been Doctor Who, which has ended up in such an embarrassing crush on someone >_<
For shame! The books are great. Think you could listen to them on audio? Stephen Fry narrates them. I have no idea what they're like, but it might work. I get quite sad when I cant really get into a writers style I want to read..Terry Pratchett, for example.

I left college in June of last year. I'm currently looking for a job in ICT technician work and getting nowhere. How about yourself? From skimreading I know you're doing something with animals..havent read everyone elses conversations as I dont want to intrude >_>


I don't know why I have such a Snape obsession ha! Oooh, I like doctor who too! I quite like the guy who currently plays the dr. I really, really don't like David Tennant! His eyes really scare me! So I enjoy doctor who more without him in it! :shock:

Audio books are a good idea actually and I do like Steven Fry ... ah, Terry Pratchett. I've read some of his discworld novels. Some of them I love and others I can't get into.

It's so hard to get a job at the moment! My boyfriend's tearing his hair out trying to find one! I'm doing a biology GCSE at the moment and adult learning maths class, in september i'm hopefully doing my A Levels! I've decided, it's best for me to stay in education for as long as possible with the way that finding jobs are at the moment! I've done animal care at college and art and design! I'm quite random, I like to try lots of different things!

What sort of books do you like to read? Do you like manga / anime?[/quote]

As my avatar, signature and various other posts here show I'm a huge DW fan. Pretty obsessed with it really >_> I really hated Tennant as the Doctor. Did not fit whatsoever. He was too un-Doctory for me. Really looking forward to the new series. It's split into two, so 6 episodes are showing in April and 7 in September.

As is mine. He has no experience so it's quite tough. Nor do I either though so it's just as hard. I would have liked to have stayed in education but I didnt want to go to Uni and I'd rather not go back to the college I previously attended. Everywhere else is just too far for me. I really enjoyed art and drawing, but I quite like writing.

Sadly I dont read as much as I should..I have a minature attention span. I like Sci-Fi books, and fantasy. I also like a series for children that is about cats. I'm about to start a Doctor Who book this afternoon.
I'm not a fan really..I used to be, and I watched .hack//SIGN in my teens, but I never really got into it.[/quote]

Thank you so much, you are the only other person in the world that i've found who doesn't like David Tennant as the doctor! Now my life is complete! :lol: I like Matt Smith as the dr, he's weird and I like weird! I will admit though, at times I find doctor who a bit cringey, but not in a bad way if that makes sense! That episode with the angels in (where if you blink they move towards you or something like that) was so incredibly creepy and disturbing! :shock: My best friend had nightmares because of that episode hahaha!

I think it's so much harder for people who haven't got any or much experience at working. Also, if you don't have A Levels or if your grades aren't the highest! Theres just so many people out there competing for the same jobs! I quite like doing different courses because I like the idea of having a vast variety of skills. In saying that though, I do find education extrememly hard!

Thats fair enough! I go through phases of never putting books down, and then not reading as much. But because i'm stuck in the house alot at the moment i'm reading alot!

Do you have any other hobbies apart from being obsessed with doctor who!? :D
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

wadey wrote:
ohpandahat wrote:
Yes, I like watching some of the programmes about the police. I like justice!!! I think it's good to be intersted in more than one thing. Who says you have to have one job / career all of your life ... boring! I don't want to have the same job forever so i'll probably end up doing many more courses!


I think I want to stay with the police force but just do different things, the only problem with that is im terriferd of alstastions as I got attacked by one when i was little. but hopefully i will overccome this fear!! What other jobs are you intrseted in?


Yes, I think it's good when theres different pathways you could go down. Would you want to train the drug dogs or the alsations or would you have to train them both? I'm sure you can overcome that fear!

Hmm well apart from working with animals, I like biology so maybe something linked with that or working with people with learning disabilities maybe!


I would want to work both but dont know if they seprates jobs or not. I not very good at biology, but that could be beacuse my tutor not very good at explaining it. She normal says I dont know what Im teaching you so go and look it up in a book. (I have dyslexia as well as dyspraxia so I tend not to read books). Working with people learing disabilties is a great chocie! During the summer hoildays I work at a scheme when I look after serverly disabled children for the day to give their parents restbite- very hard work but very awarding at the same time.


It sounds like your tutor just can't be bothered to even try to explain thing! If you don't understand her explanation then surely she should try to explain it another way!? It's not very fair to just expect you to work it out for yourself from reading a book if you struggle with reading!

Oh wow, that sounds really good! What sort of things do you do with the children? I like that those jobs where you work with disabled people etc seem to be so rewarding. I think you'd learn quite alot too!
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby parnassus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm late to your welcome party. Do excuse me. :)

My name is Vicky and my principal diagnoses are severe dyspraxia and Asperger's Syndrome. I have dyscalculia too, and the day I passed GCSE maths and got rid of that horrible subject was one of the best days of my life. Now my dyscalculia mainly affects things like budgeting and sorting out my change in shops. Oh, and dialling telephone numbers correctly and boarding the right bus.

I helped to set up DT when I was sixteen and I've been around ever since. I'm twenty-three now. I studied English at university and then worked in a Mencap special needs college for two years. Working with people who have LDs is very rewarding. What sort of thing might you like to do? Places like L'Arche and Mencap are always on the lookout for volunteers if you'd like to get some experience.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
User avatar
parnassus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5924
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:10 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 pm

parnassus wrote:I'm late to your welcome party. Do excuse me. :)

My name is Vicky and my principal diagnoses are severe dyspraxia and Asperger's Syndrome. I have dyscalculia too, and the day I passed GCSE maths and got rid of that horrible subject was one of the best days of my life. Now my dyscalculia mainly affects things like budgeting and sorting out my change in shops. Oh, and dialling telephone numbers correctly and boarding the right bus.

I helped to set up DT when I was sixteen and I've been around ever since. I'm twenty-three now. I studied English at university and then worked in a Mencap special needs college for two years. Working with people who have LDs is very rewarding. What sort of thing might you like to do? Places like L'Arche and Mencap are always on the lookout for volunteers if you'd like to get some experience.


Hi! Arg, I really sympathise with you in the dyscalculia situation! Mines quite severe, i'm trying to improve by doing an adult learning maths class and if I ever manage to get to a grade C GCSE level in it, then I think it'll be the best day of my life too!

Unless i'm totally and utterly confused, you wrote caged in chaos?! Because i'm reading that at the moment and I love it! Just knowing that someone else feels similarly to how I do, and struggles with the same thing is so incredibly reassuring! I don't feel so alone when I read it! (I'm really sorry if your not that Vicky by the way and i've just splurtted out all my undying love for the book to someone else! :P)

Well, i'm not sure what I want to do to be honest! If I could just make up a job then it would be doing some sort of therapy for people with learning disabilities, using animals. I'm not quite sure what job oppertunities relating to people with learning disabilites are out there to be honest. Maybe you could enlighten me? Becoming a Education psychologist has crossed my mind! But I am also thinking about working with animals.

I would love to do some work experience sometime :) I suppose that would be the best way of finding out if thats what I want to do! Maybe when i've recovered from my back operation I will look into it, thanks!
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby Remus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 pm

ohpandahat wrote:
Remus wrote:Hello Jenna, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!


Hi! Nice to meet you!

It's so difficult trying to get a diagnosis, isn't it!? I had to pay a rediculous amount for mine :(

Your not too far from me then, i'm in Nottingham! Wow, it would be amazing to be a zookeeper! Although, i've heard that you don't get to choose what animals you look after, they tell you which animals your working with? Where are you studying you animal management course?


Urgh, I lost my post! I'm constantly do that. Anyway to quick summarise what I wrote. You don't get a lot of choice when studying but in the workplace, I would not go for a keeping job unless I knew which species I would be working with. I want to specialise in mammals especially exotic mammals as that is where my knowledge and experience does lie. Solihull college, I did my National Diploma there and now my HND and hopefully top up degree too as they are talking about it.
Image
User avatar
Remus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: Luxvia, Austria, The Machine, lol! :D

Re: Hello! =)

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Remus wrote:
ohpandahat wrote:
Remus wrote:Hello Jenna, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!


Hi! Nice to meet you!

It's so difficult trying to get a diagnosis, isn't it!? I had to pay a rediculous amount for mine :(

Your not too far from me then, i'm in Nottingham! Wow, it would be amazing to be a zookeeper! Although, i've heard that you don't get to choose what animals you look after, they tell you which animals your working with? Where are you studying you animal management course?


Urgh, I lost my post! I'm constantly do that. Anyway to quick summarise what I wrote. You don't get a lot of choice when studying but in the workplace, I would not go for a keeping job unless I knew which species I would be working with. I want to specialise in mammals especially exotic mammals as that is where my knowledge and experience does lie. Solihull college, I did my National Diploma there and now my HND and hopefully top up degree too as they are talking about it.


Oh ok, I don't know why I assumed you meant a keeping job ha! Wow, that sounds really interesting!
ohpandahat
Super Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hello! =)

Postby wadey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

ohpandahat wrote:
Yes, I think it's good when theres different pathways you could go down. Would you want to train the drug dogs or the alsations or would you have to train them both? I'm sure you can overcome that fear!

Hmm well apart from working with animals, I like biology so maybe something linked with that or working with people with learning disabilities maybe!


I would want to work both but dont know if they seprates jobs or not. I not very good at biology, but that could be beacuse my tutor not very good at explaining it. She normal says I dont know what Im teaching you so go and look it up in a book. (I have dyslexia as well as dyspraxia so I tend not to read books). Working with people learing disabilties is a great chocie! During the summer hoildays I work at a scheme when I look after serverly disabled children for the day to give their parents restbite- very hard work but very awarding at the same time.[/quote]

It sounds like your tutor just can't be bothered to even try to explain thing! If you don't understand her explanation then surely she should try to explain it another way!? It's not very fair to just expect you to work it out for yourself from reading a book if you struggle with reading!

Oh wow, that sounds really good! What sort of things do you do with the children? I like that those jobs where you work with disabled people etc seem to be so rewarding. I think you'd learn quite alot too![/quote]

I think the reason why she cant be botherd to explain it is because my class mess around when we have her. If we are reading from book my friend will find the information and I will do the writing, and I will also try to get information.

with the children we take them bowling, to mcdonalds, to the park, to the zoos, indoor play area etc. It depends on the weather and which children we have in. If we not taking them out we will bake cakes, play on the wii, go in the ball pit area, it their choicem we just try and make it fun for them. it always nice to see the children every year to see the progress, but for other children you can see there slowly getting worse and it quite sad to see that!
User avatar
wadey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Thanet

Re: Hello! =)

Postby Super Nekou » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 pm

ohpandahat wrote:
Thank you so much, you are the only other person in the world that i've found who doesn't like David Tennant as the doctor! Now my life is complete! :lol: I like Matt Smith as the dr, he's weird and I like weird! I will admit though, at times I find doctor who a bit cringey, but not in a bad way if that makes sense! That episode with the angels in (where if you blink they move towards you or something like that) was so incredibly creepy and disturbing! :shock: My best friend had nightmares because of that episode hahaha!

I think it's so much harder for people who haven't got any or much experience at working. Also, if you don't have A Levels or if your grades aren't the highest! Theres just so many people out there competing for the same jobs! I quite like doing different courses because I like the idea of having a vast variety of skills. In saying that though, I do find education extrememly hard!

Thats fair enough! I go through phases of never putting books down, and then not reading as much. But because i'm stuck in the house alot at the moment i'm reading alot!

Do you have any other hobbies apart from being obsessed with doctor who!? :D


Haha, I've seen a fair few people who also dislike David Tennant. They seem to be few and far inbetween though.
Weird is great. I especially love the fez. In the book I'm reading at the moment, after landing, he ended up in a sheep dip and talked to a sheep while Rory was being threatened with a gun. That amused me.
The Weeping Angels are much creepier in real life. I've seen them posed at an exhibition and it was scary. Thankfully I dont and have never found any aspect of the show scary..not even when I was 6 or 7 watching the classic stories, and some of those are quite sinister.

It's ridiculously hard..a Tesco Express is opening down the road from us, had over 3000 applicants for jobs. It's insane.
The hardest thing about education for me is concentration. I have a hideously low attention span, so I distract myself. Had I properly applied myself in my last course I could have done much better, as opposed to just getting a pass grade because I was distracted.

I'm a big gamer..and I'm getting into astronomy with my boyfriend. Other than that I'm ridiculously boring and just blabber about Doctor Who for the rest of my days. How about yourself?
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
User avatar
Super Nekou
Forum Master
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: North East England

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron