Bounces in (trying not to trip over) to say hello

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Bounces in (trying not to trip over) to say hello

Postby Boing » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Hello all,

I'm James and I'm 17 1/2, I've been meaning to join this site for a number of months, but I kept forgetting to do it. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia aged 9 (may have been 7) although I didn't really understand what it was, or what effects it had until I was around 14. Since then I've learnt a lot more about the condition and am trying to come to terms with everything, which as I'm sure many of you will appreciate, isn't very easy when you're at the age where everyone else is maturing and becoming more independent.

I'm currently in year 13 doing my A levels and in the university application process, both of which are going surprisingly well given other things. I don't have particularly many interests: I like reading (fiction and non-fiction), singing, looking up a lot of random things on the internet, not into much sport (*gasp*) but I do orienteering which is the only one I've ever been any good at.

Not sure what else to put here really, if you want to know anything more feel free to ask.
Boing

Re: Bounces in (trying not to trip over) to say hello

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:54 pm

hi, I'm Lucy and I'm 14. I'm in year 10 at school, and i enjoy studying science at school. I have 2 cats called Jacko ( After Michael Jackson :D ) and Ash. I like astronomy.

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wm1995 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi. I'm William, 15 and doing my GCSEs this year. Good luck with your A levels!
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby DystantMind » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Boing wrote:Hello all,

I'm James and I'm 17 1/2, I've been meaning to join this site for a number of months, but I kept forgetting to do it. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia aged 9 (may have been 7) although I didn't really understand what it was, or what effects it had until I was around 14. Since then I've learnt a lot more about the condition and am trying to come to terms with everything, which as I'm sure many of you will appreciate, isn't very easy when you're at the age where everyone else is maturing and becoming more independent.

I'm currently in year 13 doing my A levels and in the university application process, both of which are going surprisingly well given other things. I don't have particularly many interests: I like reading (fiction and non-fiction), singing, looking up a lot of random things on the internet, not into much sport (*gasp*) but I do orienteering which is the only one I've ever been any good at.

Not sure what else to put here really, if you want to know anything more feel free to ask.

Hey James,

I'm James, I'm 17 and I'm doing my A2 Levels and going through the university application proccess at the moment. I like reading and procrastinating by surfing the internet pointlessly and when it comes to sport I am as good as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition. Seems like we have a bit in common.

How are you? :D
DystantMind
DystantMind
Advanced Member

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi im James im 17 from stafford i am a 6th form student at stafford sports college, I was Diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was 6 and i have a pet leopard gecko named Jack

Welcome to the Forum
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Hello there, I'm Benedict and I'm 18 11/12 :L and I have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forums as I have found DT extremely helpful.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby DystantMind » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Wow, 1993/4 were popular years for having dyspraxic people called James :-P
DystantMind
DystantMind
Advanced Member

Postby roseimagines19 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi i'm elsie and i've just turned 13. welcome to the forum!
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Tagore
roseimagines19
Forum Master

Postby Boing » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks for all the welcome, for those who wanted to know, I'm doing physics, chemistry and maths (further) as my subjects at school. I don't have any pets, unless you count a few fish the family has.

p.s. I think James was quite popular back in 93/94, so that may explain it.
Boing

Postby 07williamsdj » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi im 14 and I live in Wales and im interested in science and computers. I have a pet dog and a pet cat. I hope you enjoy the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby wadey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi. im Lucy and Im 20. I love animals and have 12 guinea-pigs, 1 rabbit, 1 snake, 1 chinchilla and 3 cats. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 3 or 4. Welcome to the forum, hope you will find it useful.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi, I'm Jess and I'm 26. I like cats, reading and going on the internet. I volunter at my local library, at a toyroom in a charity shop and for a local dyslexia organisation. I also belong to a singing group, a keep fit class and go to the gym once a week.
Hope you enjoy the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey, I'm ChocFC (I don't use my real name on here) and I'm 19 at the moment. welcome!
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am

Hello James, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Welcome