Hello Everyone :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello Everyone :)

Postby mrobservant » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:40 am

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Victor, and I'm from California, USA!
I'm really glad to have found this forum because now I feel like I'm not the only one who
is facing the problems that everyone else here is facing....

I don't know for sure that I'm a dyspraxic, but upon reflecting on my past and all,
I've been ever more convinced that I might have a mild form of dyspraxia...
I'm not really comfortable talking about dyspraxia with my doctor because..it's not something I know people who have had.. there seems to be little attention about dyspraxia in the United States.

I find it difficult for me to express myself in speech or in writing...unless I'm speaking in really short sentences...
Sometimes when I get asked questions in class, I blank out and even if I have planned out in my head what I might say,
I forget it very quickly. Reading can be pretty difficult for me because I end up forgetting important plot details, so sometimes it's embarrassing to answer questions in class.. I'm pretty good at mathematics (I'm taking Calculus), but I have a lot of trouble organizing my work step by step clearly so oftentimes I lose track of what I'm doing and then I proceed to make mistakes. Whenever I'm doing my volunteer work where people give me directions on what to do, especially if they involve sensory information, I'll be so confused that I won't be able to figure out how to do it. I end up having to work 10 times harder than other people so that I can get the same results..

My motor skills are adequate. I can ride a bike.. so I can live with my motor skills.. but it's when they get a little complex like tying a tie and learning a dance is when I get really off track... I think I'm hyposensitive because I keep having to check my locker's lock to make sure it is indeed locked..so I'm a little OCD there..

I hope the people in the forum can give me some support and advice as to how I can get some help about this.

:) Victor... I hope this will be a very welcoming forum!! :)
mrobservant

Re: Hello Everyone :)

Postby haemopath_bro » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:18 am

hey victor i'm anna. i'm 16 and i come from windy wellington new zealand (yeah we're pretty diverse here). i love music, drawing/reading/watching anime and manga, cooking and the basic movies, books and tv. my favourite subjects are japanese, hospitaliy (except on fridays when its all theory :x ) and film and tv. i'm not to sure of when i was diagnosed but all my life i have struggled with motor skills, writing and speech. oh and i walk into, or in some cases, out of things like snow shoes. i'm OCD when it comes to my coloured pencils (but then again all manga artists are) they have to be in the order i bought them in.
marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu boku hetalia
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby wadey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 am

Hi. Im Lucy and im 20. I study animal care at college, and i have 2 cats, 11 guinea-pigs, 1 rabbit, 1 snake and 1 chinchilla.

welcome to the forum
wadey
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:15 am

Hi im Dan im 14 and I live in Wales. Im interested in science and cars. Hope you enjoy the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby Steph » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby mrobservant » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel welcome already...
I wonder if there's anyone here from the United States?
mrobservant

Postby galexy96 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey, I'm Lucy, i'm 14 and in year 10 at school. I'm interested in science and astronomy. I love rock music, I have 2 cats called Jacko(after Micheal Jackson :lol: ) and Ash.

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby monkey » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 pm

welcome.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Hello Victor, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby billy15uk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:11 pm

hi im billy im 15 and i had dyspraxia since i was 5 years old

and i live in france

Welcome To The Forum :)
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi im James im 17 from stafford i am a 6th form student at stafford sports college, I was Diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was 6 and i have a pet leopard gecko named Jack
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby mollythewerewolf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 am

hi I'm 11 I'm from hereford uk my dad is an aurther he has met jacalen wilson, mical rosan and roddy doule. i have mild dyspraxcer and i'm in year six leaving in 12 weeks to go to bishops and i will be in year n that is a class for dyspraxic puplis.
mollythewerewolf

Postby carebear15 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi I am 26 years old.
I have Mild to moderate mental retardation,deafness,adhd,cerebral palsy,ptsd,panic disorder,generalized anxiety disorder,depression,sensory integration disorder, and
have limited fine motor skills, poor eye hand coordination, and some others.
i am from usa and live in indianapolis,in
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here. I'm 27 and I volunteer at my local library which I really enjoy. :D
Creative
Forum God !

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi, I'm robyn. I'm 13 and I have dyspraxia. I like maths and prime numbers and I like music (jazz the most) and I have a cat called monty.

I know sort of how you are feeling, for the past 2 years my Mum and I have thought I might have mild aspergers as well as dyspraxia because I have quite a few autistic traits. But my mum thought it would have been diagnosed when I was diagnosed with dyspraxia, so she thought if we went to the doctors she might just look like she was over reacting. But she did take me to the doctors and he said most definitely that some else is there that seems more a Autistic level and not dyspraxic so I have been referred to a clinic.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Return to Welcome