Hi :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi :)

Postby _robyn_ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi, I'm Robyn, I'm 13 and going into year 9 and school.

I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 7/8 I was bullied ever since I started primary school- The worst was in year 3 and children would call me a freak and the teachers did nothing really to help. I moved schools but still I had 1 friend and everyone else just thought I was weird. But in yr 6 it got alot better when I moved school again and my teacher was dyspraxic! She understood me and made life alot easier.

Secondary school has been really hard, that is why I joined the forum because I starting to struggle alot more and it is starting to feel like yr 3 when I had a low self esteem and struggled to do most things. Especially writing, getting changed (buttons and zips and tie's and laces) And I don't like most subjects at school because I shy away from things that involve alot of .....thinking (the best way I can put it.)

I like maths and music. Maths is nice because it is simple, there is only a right answer, and in exams there is not alot of writing. I like music because it calms me down. I have just done my grade 2 piano and I'm working on my grade 6 clarinet, grade 6 music theory and grade 4 saxophone. :)
Last edited by _robyn_ on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Re: Hi :)

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi im Dan, im 15 and I live in Wales. I am interested in science, psychology and ICT. I love to read and I love rock music and I am learning to play to guitar.
Welcome to the forum and have fun posting.
07williamsdj

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum I'm James I'm 17 from Stafford. I have Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome. I Love Astronomy and Egyptology, I also have a pet Leopard Gecko called Jackie.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Dan, I like rock music, I like the killers and 30 seconds to mars and paramore- I have a guitar but I can not play it. I'll stik to jazz music on the clarinet. :D

Hi James, I wanted a pet Gecko but my mum said my cat would try kill it. :roll:
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby wadey » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi. I'm lucy and I am 20. I have dyspraxia and dyslexia I have just finished college where I studied National Dilpmoa in animal managment. I love animals and have 2 cats, 1 chinchilla, 1 snake, 9 guinea-pigs and 1 rabbit. Welcome to the forum.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey, I'm Lucy, i'm 15 and in year 10 at school. I'm interested in science and astronomy. I love rock music, I have 2 cats called Jacko(after Micheal Jackson :lol: ) and Ash. I also have a corn snake called Frank.

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Lucy, and wow- :shock: 9 guinee pigs!! My sister has 2, I really want a hamster.

Hey Lucy, haha, I like your cats name!

Hiya Steph, when I'm older I really want to work with children or people with a disability. Although my big dream is to play in a west end orchestra (especially Les Miserable!! )

Hi, Jen, romantic music is not really my style, I'm more jazz , blues, west end music and some classicals. Oh and is maybe your keyboard broken because all your posts seem to be in capitals??

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D :mrgreen:
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Postby James Brimer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi _robyn_

My name is James, I am 15 and 1/2 and am home educated. I have aspergers syndrome. I like maths and high level programming.

- James
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Ben Jackson » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi _robyn_
My is Ben and I've got gross (bad) & verbal dyspraxia.
I rock music and some other types of music, I play: drums,guitar,organ (plus keyboard's),a little bit of bass guitar,a little bit of percussion.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 am

Hello Robyn, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 27 and I volunteer at my local library. I hope you like it here.
Creative
Forum God !

Return to Welcome