What up, Emma here

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

What up, Emma here

Postby allhahaheehee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Alright people, Emma 26 lives in Edinburgh, I've been unemployed for a year now lol I think I've got dyspraxic but not had the tests done but thinking about it, I'm also dyslexic which I found out at an early age. Very low on confidents at the moment, no mates and no job which is really bringing me down, I wish there was a drop in centre in Edinburgh for people who are dyspraxic and dyslexic.
I love music got a Ba (Hons) Creative Sound Production, and I love sports, ps3, cooking and movies
allhahaheehee

Re: What up, Emma here

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:21 am

Hello Emma I'm James I am 17 years old, from Stafford I Like Egyptology and Reptiles, I have a pet leopard gecko named Jacki. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was about 6 and Asperger's a couple of months ago I joined this forum at the end of 2009 and I am now one of the forum Moderators. So if you have any problems or concerns you can contact me.

Welcome to the Forum :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby allhahaheehee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks James the forum is really good
allhahaheehee

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:00 am

Hi im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science and psychology. Welcome and enjoy the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby Creative » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi Emma. Welcome to the forum. I'm Jess and I'm 27. I volunteer at my local ibrary which I really enjoy. I like reading, cats and going to the cinema. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Emma
I'm Lucy and I am 20. I was diagnose with dyspraxia when i was about 3 or 4 and last year found out i was dyslexia I love animals and have just recently finished college where I got Distinction x 3 in animal managment. At home I have 1 cat (boris) 1 snake (roofeeo) 1 chinchilla (pippen), 1 rabbit (baggins) and 9 guineas (puzzle, cobweb, squrriell, fifi, socks, popcorn, clementime, rasta and ziggy) I am soon getting a kitten but I got to wait till he is better as at the moment he ill. all my animals are resuced animals.
Along with James, I am also a forum moderater so you can also contact me, if need to be.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will enjoy it here
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Hello Emma, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 am

Hello Emma, and welcome to the forum. :)

I've also been feeling a bit low on confidence lately, especially about finding work. It's a horrible feeling. My old classmates from university are all in graduate-level jobs, but the only paid work I've ever had is a role that required no formal qualifications and barely paid the minimum wage, which sometimes I think I only got because my employer was a disability charity wanting to increase disabled representation in the workplace. It hurts when my parents and other relatives are continually asking things like, "So what's So-and-so doing now?" and I reply, "He's a BBC journalist," or, "She's a chief executive in a management consultancy business." I feel as though I've let them down, because they expected me to get a job like that too. Not because they pressure me, but because they believe in me. I wish I could believe in myself. It's not easy sometimes. But it does get easier with time and the right help. DT is a great place for providing that help, as you will find. :D

Anyway, I'm another of the forum moderators, and one of the teenagers who helped to found it back in 2004. Consequently I am now ancient (twenty-four). :P I'm going back to university in September to do an MA in Jewish Studies, which is a cocktail of history, theology, politics, and language study. I'm really looking forward to that, although I'm a bit nervous. I love to read and swim. Other interests (strange ones for a dyspraxic!) are cello and ballet.

There is a group for adults with dyspraxia, dyslexia, and related conditions in southern Scotland. It doesn't have a drop-in centre, but it does organise social events from time to time. The phone numbers of the organisers are on the DANDA mainpage: http://www.danda.org.uk/pages/local-groups.php

If you're shy about phoning, you can e-mail them through their blog: http://ndscotland.blogspot.com/p/hi-there_05.html

I hope that helps.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby billy15uk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

hi emma :)

im billy and im from france britanny i use to live in england near london

and im also dyspraxia since i was born

hope you like this forum and welcome to the forum :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Return to Welcome