Hello! :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello! :)

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi guys! My name is Emma and I have dyspraxia. I'm fifteen years old and I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was fourteen so I haven't known of my condition for long. I live in Scotland with my mum and my eighteen year old sister. I like drawing, watching movies, playing video games, reading and listening to music. I found this website when reading Victoria Biggs' book "Caged in Chaos: A Dyspraxic Guide to Breaking Free" and I thought I'd see if I could get a better understanding of my condition from other sufferers point of view and also see if I could make some friends. :)

That's all I can think of saying right now. :?
xMissMarmaladex

Re: Hello! :)

Postby Creative » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Emma. Welciome to the forum. I'm Jess and I'm 27. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15. I volunteer at my local library which I really enjoy. I like reading, cats, watching tv and going to the cinema.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Hello Emma, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks for replying Jess! I wasn't expecting anyone to reply at all! I feel all happy now. :mrgreen:

If you don't mind me asking, what books do you read? :)
xMissMarmaladex

Postby Creative » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Depends what I'm in the mood for. I like the Harry Potter books.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Thank you Remus! I'm also mild dyspraxic and I mostly have trouble with keeping track of time and remembering things.
You have four cats? Wow, is it hard looking after them all? I only have two gold fish. :lol:
xMissMarmaladex

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Creative wrote:Depends what I'm in the mood for. I like the Harry Potter books.

I like Harry Potter too! I'm currently reading The Goblet of Fire. :D
xMissMarmaladex

Postby Creative » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:06 pm

I have a black cat called Yum Yum. She only has 3 legs.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 pm

xMissMarmaladex wrote:Thank you Remus! I'm also mild dyspraxic and I mostly have trouble with keeping track of time and remembering things.
You have four cats? Wow, is it hard looking after them all? I only have two gold fish. :lol:

My memory is awful and as for my time management, I might as well be on a different time to everyone else! :P

Oh no, they take care of themselves. Just roam in and out whenever they like. I have got two goldfish too.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science and psychology. Welcome and enjoy the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Hello Emma I'm James I am 17 years old, from Stafford I Like Egyptology and Reptiles, I have a pet leopard gecko named Jacki. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was about 6 and Asperger's a couple of months ago I joined this forum at the end of 2009 and I am now one of the forum Moderators. So if you have any problems or concerns you can contact me.

Welcome to the Forum :D
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 am

Another Emma! I think we have about five DT Emmas now. Oh well, you can't have too much of a good thing. :P

I am Vicky. I'm glad you found your way to us. As you have read my book, you already know my intro, but I will update it a bit as I've aged since the book came out. ;) I studied English at university and then moved in with Danni (another DT user) as she was very ill at the time and needed someone to help keep her out of hospital. Together we got an elderly rescue cat called Giles. He only has one eye now and he can't see much with the one he is got, but he is very sweet. I love cats and I wish I had four of them! I'm playing with the idea of doing some voluntary work in a cattery when I start my MA in September.

In addition to the cat, I also acquired a cello, which I'm learning how to play slowly but quite successfully. :P
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:44 am

Hi emma. I'm Lucy and I am 20. I was diagnose with dyspraixa when i was about 3 or 4, lasy year I found out that i had dyslexia as well. I have just finshed college where i study animal management. at home i have 1 cat (boris) ~ getting a new cat today, not sure what I will call him yet! 1 snake (roffeeo), 1 chinchilla (Pippen), 1 rabbit (baggins) and 9 guinea-pigs (puzzle, fifi, cobweb, squirell, socks, popcorn, clementime, rasta and ziggy). I work with disabled adults which I enjoy.

Welcome to forum I hope you will like it here.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:03 pm

07williamsdj wrote:Hi im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science and psychology. Welcome and enjoy the forum!!!!

Thank you Dan! :)
xMissMarmaladex

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:06 pm

JamesStanley wrote:Hello Emma I'm James I am 17 years old, from Stafford I Like Egyptology and Reptiles, I have a pet leopard gecko named Jacki. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was about 6 and Asperger's a couple of months ago I joined this forum at the end of 2009 and I am now one of the forum Moderators. So if you have any problems or concerns you can contact me.

Welcome to the Forum :D

Thank you James! :D
xMissMarmaladex

Next

Return to Welcome