Hello! :)

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Re: Hello! :)

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Creative wrote:I have a black cat called Yum Yum. She only has 3 legs.

Aww. :(
xMissMarmaladex

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm

parnassus wrote:Another Emma! I think we have about five DT Emmas now. Oh well, you can't have too much of a good thing. :P

I am Vicky. I'm glad you found your way to us. As you have read my book, you already know my intro, but I will update it a bit as I've aged since the book came out. ;) I studied English at university and then moved in with Danni (another DT user) as she was very ill at the time and needed someone to help keep her out of hospital. Together we got an elderly rescue cat called Giles. He only has one eye now and he can't see much with the one he is got, but he is very sweet. I love cats and I wish I had four of them! I'm playing with the idea of doing some voluntary work in a cattery when I start my MA in September.

In addition to the cat, I also acquired a cello, which I'm learning how to play slowly but quite successfully. :P

Thank you Vicky! Me and my mum found your book very helpful. It gave us lots of useful info on what dyspraxia was and ways to cope with it. I recommended it to my councilor and my teacher and they both said it is an excellent book. My mum first found out that I had dyspraxia when she was watching an interview of Daniel Radcliffe talking about his work in the Harry Potter film series. They asked him if he did his own stunts and Daniel said that he didn't because he had dyspraxia. He said he couldn't tie his shoe laces until he was about ten! My mum then remembered that I couldn't either! And that I didn't start walking until I was eighteen months, or sit up until I was nine months etc.
She looked up dyspraxia on the internet and I had about fourteen out of eighteen of the symptoms! And I have now been diagnosed with a mild form of dyspraxia disorder.

So it turns out I'm not just stupid and awkward after all! :mrgreen:

And just a side note here, I'm not very good with forums and such so if I mess up when writing a message, I'm sorry.
xMissMarmaladex

Postby xMissMarmaladex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:47 pm

wadey wrote:Hi emma. I'm Lucy and I am 20. I was diagnose with dyspraixa when i was about 3 or 4, lasy year I found out that i had dyslexia as well. I have just finshed college where i study animal management. at home i have 1 cat (boris) ~ getting a new cat today, not sure what I will call him yet! 1 snake (roffeeo), 1 chinchilla (Pippen), 1 rabbit (baggins) and 9 guinea-pigs (puzzle, fifi, cobweb, squirell, socks, popcorn, clementime, rasta and ziggy). I work with disabled adults which I enjoy.

Welcome to forum I hope you will like it here.

Thank you Lucy! :)

Wow! Nine guinea pigs! Must be really hard work.
xMissMarmaladex

Postby Steph » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Previous

Return to Welcome