Hey everyone!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hey everyone!

Postby CassCat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Cassi. I live in Sydney, Australia (I figured you guys wouldn't mind me joining in because there's very few Australian based Dyspraxia related things, and I know I'm always using dyspraxia.org.uk as a reference guide). I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia at age 11, after struggling nearly all the way through primary school. I did however forget about it for a long time (I did not get sat down and told what I had and that it would affect me for life), and recently, after hearing celebrities speak about, rediscovered that I had Dyspraxia.

I'm 21, a shop assistant at a fashion store (with a boss who has no clue about Dyspraxia, which makes it really hard to work and not get told off). I adore My Little Pony, anime, Role-playing, gaming (despite not being exceptionally good at certain games) and reading. I have a cat. And I'm thinking about taking up Bass guitar next year.
CassCat

Re: Hey everyone!

Postby wadey » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi cassi.

My name is Lucy and I am 20. I live in Kent. Sydney is amazing place, I went there for holiday a cople of years ago and I loived it (apart from the fact I got food poinsing!) I was diagnosed with dyspraxia at the age of 3. I currently work with adults with disabilties which is hard work but fun. I like computers, games and animals. I have 13 guinea-pigs, 1 rabbit, 1 chinchilla, 1 snake and 2 cats.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy here. We are all friendly, supportive people :D
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. I am another Sydney fan-I went travelling to Australia 3 years ago and loved it!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello Cassi, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Hello Cassie I'm James I am 18 years old, from Stafford I Like Egyptology and Reptiles, I have a pet leopard gecko named Jacki. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was about 6 and Asperger's a couple of months ago I joined this forum at the end of 2009 and I am now one of the forum Moderators. So if you have any problems or concerns you can contact me.

Welcome to the Forum
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 pm

hi, im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science, ICT and psychology. Welcome to the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby Creative » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 27 and I volunteer at my local library. I hope you like it here.
Creative
Forum God !

Return to Welcome