Hey..

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hey..

Postby Liz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and I felt like I should introduce myself.
Here we go..

My name is Lisa (Liz is an abbreviation, I just couldn't think of a better name to choose), I'm 22 years old and I'm dyspraxic. I got my diagnosis when I was 9.
The first person that actually came up with the term dyspraxia was an occupational therapist I was sent to because my mother and my teachers in school were concerned about my having trouble with coordination (especially with gross motor skills), balance and sensory issues. I'm really sensitive to noise and smells, certain kinds basically scare the living daylights out of me :? . Even though occupational therapy (which I underwent for at least 3 years) helped me to deal with some ccordination difficulties, I somestimes still find it hard to cope, particularly when I'm having a bad day and feel stressed out and anxious. :| (but there are also good days, so I should stop moaning)

Besides, I'm a student attending university, I'm majoring in Literature and Linguistics. As you might have guessed, English isn't my first language -- I'm from Germany and well, I still live there. ;)
I feel quite passionate about literature, languages (Latin and English), equestrianism (I grew up with horses and can't imagine my life without them) and music (mostly Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Bright Eyes ...I could go on ;) ).

That's it ... I thought it would be helpful to join a forum in which discussing dyspraxia-related problems, notions ect. is possible because I haven't found a local supoort group (nor a German forum which is why I made the decision to join an English one). I also had a look at a forum for dyspraxic adults (as I'm already 22 8) :wink: ), but I found this forum to be more comfortable.

Liz
Liz
Advanced Member

Re: Hey..

Postby Steph » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 24. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. I couldn't tell you weren't a native English speaker-your command of language is brilliant.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 am

Hello Lisa, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 19 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Liz

I'm Lucy and I am 20. I have dyspraxia and dyslexia. I absolutly love animals and have 2 cats, 1 rabbit, 12 guinea-pigs, 1 chinchilla and 1 snake. I work with disabled adults which is hard work but is enjoyable. In my spare time I sometime volunteer at a infant school, which is great fun.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 27 and I volunteer at my local library. I hope you like it here.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Liz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks for such a warm welcome! :)

PS. I couldn't tell you weren't a native English speaker-your command of language is brilliant.

:oops: wow. thank you!

I'm 27 and I volunteer at my local library.

That's cool! Having graduated from school, I've spent kind of a gap year volunteering at a library as well.
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

hi, im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science, ICT and psychology. Welcome to the forum!!!!
Nirvanna is a great band by the way :D!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

welcome!
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

:) thank you!
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby billy15uk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Im Billy

Im 16 I Work On A Building Site I Live In France Brittany

And I Have Dyspaxia Since I Was Born.

Welcome To The Forum! :)
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Return to Welcome