Hello, I'm Jem

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello, I'm Jem

Postby jemstein123 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 am

Hi, Ive been posting around this forum for abit now, I don't consider my dyspraxia to be as bad as it used to be but I've struggled all my life in terms of education and what I want to do. My partner has helped me with my development my influences I currently have. keeping focused without getting too depressed about the world. I consider the economic situation to be a big factor in the struggle we all have. I notice on reviewing my behavior in the past and current to be very emotional and aggressive. Is it common for dyspraxic's to have 'emotional & behavioral issues?. I find myself been very arkward about being social nowadays and I don't feel capable without my partner around me. I don't want to be too dependent on him but hes give me so much and I feel that without him I would be an emotional wreck. Is it because the level of my maturity is lower than expected of at my age?
I know I've been a difficult and 'moody' child whilst growing up and I feel if I'm happy in myself things will improve in the latter. However I do find myself very irritable when individuals come to close to my personal space or a certain irritating noise is made and I have to shout to cover up the noise I find so irritating. People often call me self absorbed and that i don't consider my peers feelings, until i realize how much of a bad person I am and that makes me feel really bad and my self esteem is not at its best at the moment with no job to focus on. I always think I have AS (Aspergers Syndrome) and my parents have always said that I block people out and push people away...I do this unintentionally and I don't know how I can really change, because whatever I do it doesn't seem to be right for people. I get frustrated with myself and also I'm being me and I feel that is not good enough for my family.

Sorry for the rant but this has been and issue for me for some time and my family say I keep going around in circles!
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Re: Hello, I'm Jem

Postby 07williamsdj » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 pm

hello, im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science, ICT and psychology. Welcome to the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby jemstein123 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Dan! thank you :)
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Postby wadey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi. I'm Lucy and I am 21. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 3. I also have dyselxia. I work with disabled adults which is hard work but fun. I love animals and have 2 cats, 1 chinichilla, 1 snake, 1 rabbit, 8 guinea-pigs and currently am looking after an extra 4 guinea-pigs. I am also an moderate on here so please feel free to ask any questions, welcome to the forum,.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby lycanfist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi Jem, I'm Hamzah. I enjoy anime, and learning about animals even though I'm not allowed to keep them since my pet chicken. Welcome to the forum :D
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers in April, I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Return to Welcome