Hello

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello

Postby trembz9393 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm

My name is Katherine, and I am 18. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia in kindergarden. School was hard for me growing up because there were ignorant people who were rather rude, and didn't understand my condition. I grew up in a town where some teachers have never even heard of it, and the first days of school are always the worst because teachers will say things about your handwriting and humiliate you in front of the whole class. This condition first seemed like a curse because I felt different, but as I got older, I realized I wasn't the one with the problem, they were. I used to be angry that I wasn't like everyone else, but now I thank God that I'm not. I'm different, always have been and always will be. This condition has made me work twice as hard as everyone else; but at the same time, it opened my eyes to find a new understanding for people. It's just so funny how normal people look at me like I'm "special needs", but I laugh at them because they're "ignorant".
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Re: Hello

Postby Steph » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers in April, I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello Katherine, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 20 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi. I'm Lucy and I am 21. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 3. I also have dyselxia. I work with disabled adults which is hard work but fun. I love animals and have 3 cats, 1 chinichilla, 1 snake, 1 rabbit, 9 guinea-pigs and currently am looking after an extra 4 guinea-pigs. I am also an moderate on here so please feel free to ask any questions, welcome to the forum,.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:36 pm

hello, im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science, ICT and psychology. Welcome to the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi, I'm Jess I'm 19. I'm new here too. I was diagnosed with mild dyspraxia as a kid, but didn't find out until i was 19 when my mum told the nutritionist office when i was being tested for food intolerance.

:)
" It's the greatest hits of mullet rock." - Sam Winchester
jess_bean

Postby Creative » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. My name is Jess and I'm 28. I volunteer at 2 charity shops and for a dyslexia organisation. I also go singing and to a keep fit class. I like reading and cats. hope you enjoy the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Return to Welcome