I'm Jess. I'm new. Hello

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

I'm Jess. I'm new. Hello

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi I'm Jess.

I was diagnosed as a little kid with Mild dyspraxcia. My mum wasn't properly Informed on it and thought it was only the motor part of it.

I grew up not knowing i had this until i was sat in the nutritionists chair last december when i found out i had food intolerance. My mum said to her I had it. I was like HUH?! what is it? Dyspraxcia that is, not food intolerance.

It was only after recent (yesterday) research that it can effect other parts of your functioning. so i came here to chat to you guys and find out more.

I'm quite klutzy, like i was in Paris on holiday a few weeks ago. thought i'd lost my mum in the crowd and i ended up nearly tripping over a buggy and stepping on a dudes foot in the process. ( I dunno if that's part of my Dyspraxic tendency or what)

Also I can remember stuff way back from when i was little, that other people in my family can't, but for the life of me forget i've locked the door 10 seconds after and then end up going back up the path twice to check, it's almost ocd, coz i forgot to lock it one day and went to a friends house on the bus ad came home to find it was unlocked and now have been double checking it ever since.

I also walk into things sometimes and often apologise to them too.

Anyway, I'm sure i have more to say, but i'll save it for later.

I'm Jess Nice to meet you :)
" It's the greatest hits of mullet rock." - Sam Winchester
jess_bean

Re: I'm Jess. I'm new. Hello

Postby Steph » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Steph wrote:Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

Hi steph, nice to meet you :)
jess_bean

Postby Creative » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Jess, welcome to the forum. My name is Jess too and I'm 28. I volunteer at 2 charity shops and for a dyslexia organisation. I also go singing and to a keep fit class. I like reading and cats. hope you enjoy the forum.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

I've got a food intolerance too. I'm intolerant to milk. what are you intolerant to?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Creative wrote:Hi Jess, welcome to the forum. My name is Jess too and I'm 28. I volunteer at 2 charity shops and for a dyslexia organisation. I also go singing and to a keep fit class. I like reading and cats. hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Jess. Nice to meet you too :)
jess_bean

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Creative wrote:I've got a food intolerance too. I'm intolerant to milk. what are you intolerant to?

Wheat, Cows Milk, Cows Cheese, Oranges, Milk chocolate and somthing else i forgot.
jess_bean

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers in April, I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

That's quite a list of foods to avoid!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm

JamesStanley wrote:Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers in April, I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James

Hi, nice to meet you. Thanks :)
jess_bean

Postby jess_bean » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Creative wrote:That's quite a list of foods to avoid!

Ha ha Yeah. I just live off the Sainsburys free from section:lol:
jess_bean

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi, Jess. My name is Beth, I'm nineteen years old - due to become twenty in May (something I am looking forward to!) I have severe dyspraxia and mild dyslexia. I also have many other traits from other disorders, such as ADHD, OCD and Asperger's, but I've never been diagnosed with any of these. I am a writer at heart, I'm never seen without a pen in my hand, and I'm currently doing a Media Production/Scriptwriting course at university. See you around! :D
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby jess_bean » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm

MontyDyspraxia wrote:Hi, Jess. My name is Beth, I'm nineteen years old - due to become twenty in May (something I am looking forward to!) I have severe dyspraxia and mild dyslexia. I also have many other traits from other disorders, such as ADHD, OCD and Asperger's, but I've never been diagnosed with any of these. I am a writer at heart, I'm never seen without a pen in my hand, and I'm currently doing a Media Production/Scriptwriting course at university. See you around! :D

Hello Beth, Nice to meet you :)
jess_bean

Postby 07williamsdj » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:05 pm

hello, im Dan, im 15 and I live in south wales. I enjoy reading, listening to rock music and playing guitar. I am also interested in science, ICT and psychology. Welcome to the forum!!!!
07williamsdj

Postby Remus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello Jess, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 20 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome