Hi!

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi!

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello :!: :!: :!: I'm John, I am 15 years old and was diagnosed with severe dyspraxia in primary school I am also mildy ocd

My hobbies are Music and Media related things :) - I don't know what else to say lol, but I really like composing and writing scripts for original movies.

I play piano, recorder and I also like to sing. I am in year 11 (leaving in a few weeks) and I am currently doing a creative media diploma course and music for my chosen subjects.

I get bullied for my dyspraxia quite a lot in previous years and it used to affect me quite a lot. But I don't really care now they're just an annoyance i can't be bothered with, however what still upsets me is I have friends who i thought cared, but don't at all and I feel no one I know really understands apart from support teachers but even some of them don't understand; but this site is great everyone seems to be really nice here and understanding, with other people who have dyspraxia or can understand and know about dyspraxia :) .

I'm quite stressed at the moment because of the pressure of exams and getting things like a job etc; I get so anxious and worried about it, it causes a lot of stress; can any of you relate? :)

Sorry, for my obsessive over use of smileys i do that a lot lol. I look forward to talking to everybody on this forum soon :)

P.S I hate reading text over again, so a lot of this may not make sense or badly worded.

- John :)
johndurhamgreen

Re: Hi!

Postby galexy96 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi, I am Lucy, I am 16 and in year 11 at school. My interests include astronomy, science and reading. I also enjoy listening to rock music. I live in Essex and I have a pet cat called Jacko (named after Michael Jackson ) and some fish.

Yeah, I can relate to the whole feeling stressed thing because I am also in year 11.

Welcome to the Forum :D

Lucy
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Thank you! :) And yeah, it's horrible isn't it? :( on the bright side it's not long till year 11's leave school!! Is that the same with you? I think most schools year 11's finish in may but I'm not sure.

And that's awesome, I love cat's, I have a cat called snowy and a dog called Ariel.

What subjects are you taking at school? And are you planning to go to collage, if so what courses do you want to take? :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
johndurhamgreen

Postby nathanw-j » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

hi my name is nathan and i am in my y11
i am vegetarian and have 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:02 pm

HEY!!! That's awesome, I am a vegetarian too!!! :D What are your cat and guinea pigs names??
johndurhamgreen

Postby galexy96 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 pm

johndurhamgreen wrote:Thank you! :) And yeah, it's horrible isn't it? :( on the bright side it's not long till year 11's leave school!! Is that the same with you? I think most schools year 11's finish in may but I'm not sure.

And that's awesome, I love cat's, I have a cat called snowy and a dog called Ariel.

What subjects are you taking at school? And are you planning to go to collage, if so what courses do you want to take? :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cool, My last exam isn't until June 25th because of stupid geography, so that's when I leave.

My option subjects at school were Geography, Health and Social Care, Art and Triple Science. Yeah, i'm going to collage and I am taking English Literature, Psychology, Biology and Religious Studies. :mrgreen:
galexy96

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

My last exam isn't until June 25th because of stupid geography, so that's when I leave.
Really?? :O Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :( :( :( Do you get study leave at all? because at my school we leave but we come back for some exams.

I am taking English Literature, Psychology, Biology and Religious Studies.

That's awesome! Are you looking forward to going to collage?? I am looking forward to mine, because I can get rid of the dreaded subjects I don't enjoy. but i'm going to have to re-take my maths :(
johndurhamgreen

Postby galexy96 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Yeah, I'm on study leave now, but we only get that for the lessons we have already finished, like PE, IT, Maths and Art. As we finish lessons we get to have study leave for them. So i'll have to still come in for every geography lesson until the 25th of June.

I am looking forward to collage because it will be good to do lessons i want to do, and it is also a chance for me to start again, friend wise and stuff.
galexy96

Postby wadey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 pm

hi im lucy and im 21. I have dyspraxia, dyselixa and irlens syndorome. I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 snake, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon. I also like writing stories and poems. I work with disablied adults which is really good fun but hard work.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here. I am on of the moderates so if you need any help feel free to ask
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 pm

wadey

Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here. I am on of the moderates so if you need any help feel free to ask

Thank you I really appreciate that! :)

I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 snake, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon.

I like animals too!! lolol, That is a lot of animals though, hopefully when I am older and manage to (hopefully) live in an apartment i can have a lot of pets :)

Are they a lot of work to look after??

galexy96

I am looking forward to collage because it will be good to do lessons i want to do, and it is also a chance for me to start again, friend wise and stuff.

That is exactly the same with me, I feel like i want to start again, because my school life has been terrible so i feel collage would be a fresh start and that That sucks about not being able to leave till June

Steph

I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities.

Wow, that is really interesting! I'm glad you enjoy it and it is great you are helping people :)

learning about other cultures and languages

I am intrested in that too with foreign European languages (French,spanish etc) What cultures and langurages are you into learning about??

-----

This is really interesting I really enjoy learning about other peoples hobbies and getting to know people :) Hopefully my ordering of replying to posts wasn't to confusing lol, I am confused with the quoting system and how to get the 'written by' to show in the embedded quote. galexy96 wrote an embedded quote which said 'John Durham green wrote: within the actual quote header. How do you get that?? :)
johndurhamgreen

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh, very quickly also forgot to ask everyone who had a dog or/and cat, what is the breed type if you know ? :) My dog is a cross between a german shepard and leonberger, my cat however I think is a cross between a simease cat and lots of other cats, but I don't really know much about my cats ancestors lol
johndurhamgreen

Postby wadey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:32 pm

johndurhamgreen wrote:wadey

Thank you I really appreciate that! :)

I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 snake, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon.

I like animals too!! lolol, That is a lot of animals though, hopefully when I am older and manage to (hopefully) live in an apartment i can have a lot of pets :)

Are they a lot of work to look after??

I wouldn't say it a lot of work, but they keep me busy, but i do still have time to have me time.

As for your dog/cat breed, all my 3 cats are rescues so we don't anything about their anscetors.....however i know that Lola (family cat) is a toritshell cat, Boris (my mum cat) is a short hair domestic cat and Hector (my personal cat) is a semi long hair cat....he has a really long body and short legs (like a sausage dog!!)
wadey
Site Admin

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 am

my cats are called wiggle and whiskers
my guinea pigs are called twiglet and garfunkle
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Hiya, my name is Dan, I'm 15 and I live in South Wales. I am interested in science, rock music and computers, and in my spare time I like to play my guitar, read and do vector drawings. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you :) .
07williamsdj

Next

Return to Welcome