Hello from a probably dispraxic just-about teen

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello from a probably dispraxic just-about teen

Postby magnificentjosh » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

Hello there. My name is Josh and I am magnificent.

I'm 19, so very nearly don't fit half the purpose of this website.

As for the other half, I didn't really know what dyspraxia was until ... last year, I think... when my piano teacher of all people mentioned to my mum that my hands did things that some dyspraxic children she also taught did. After I decided not to take the fact that my piano teacher was calling me uncoordinated personally, me and my mum did a bit of background reading and found that a ludicrous amount of things added up perfectly. Constantly dropping things, walking into things, falling off things, spilling things, no organisation whatsoever, took me for ages to tie my shoes, tell the time, use scissors, awful handwriting, always had trouble speaking clearly, absent minded to dangerous levels, generally a little bit odd, the list is hilariously long. I've not been diagnosed by anyone who knows what they're talking about yet, but I just find it funny how all these things I've just assumed are me being a bit rubbish have a name.

So, me and my dyspraxihands travel through life, and most of the time we get on fine.

Then I happened across this site, and thought it might be a laugh to have a look what you're all like. You seem ace.

Hello.
Last edited by magnificentjosh on Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
magnificentjosh

Re: Hello from a probably dispraxic just-about teen

Postby in_the_shadows » Wed May 30, 2012 1:49 am

Pretty much ditto on the dispraxia thing.. except I found out whilst trying to think of a way I could possibly get extra time in my exams (a few weeks ago)... it turned out my handwriting speed was actually slow enough to get it anyway but a mate found a site on dispraxia, I fit almost all the symptons and here I am! Hey there. ^^
Should probably warn you all; I tend to write in a kind of stream of conciousness... for which I am very sorry

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby Steph » Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 am

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25 (so don't worry about almost being out of your teens-there are a growing number of us on here who are in their twenties). I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi, I am Lucy, I am 16 and in year 11 at school. My interests include astronomy, science and reading. I also enjoy listening to rock music. I live in Essex and I have a pet cat called Jacko (named after Michael Jackson :lol: ) and some fish.
You look ace too :) I'm sure you will fit right in and I hope you enjoy the boards :)
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby wadey » Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 pm

hi im lucy and im 21. I have dyspraxia, dyselixa and irlens syndorome. I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon. I also like writing stories and poems. I work with disablied adults which is really good fun but hard work.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here. I am on of the moderates so if you need any help feel free to ask
wadey
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Hiya, my name is Dan, I'm 15 and I live in South Wales. I am interested in science, rock music and computers, and in my spare time I like to play my guitar, read and do vector drawings. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you :) .
07williamsdj

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi, I'm robyn :)

I'm 13 , I have a obsession with rubix cubes and maths, I have a cat called monty who I love and I play the clarinet and saxophone

I also play the piano, I'm working on a grade 8 piece (which I have nearly mastered!) it is clair de lune by debussy. Surprisingly my bad co-ordination disappears when ever i play the piano, my mum thinks it is because my whole family is musical so my musical gene just tells m dyspraxia to go away :P
Although I cant read music and play the piano at the same time, I have to learn the music off by heart- I need to look at my hands while I play or I have no hope :P
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers last year I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Elessar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Heya Josh,

Age is apparently not that much of an obstacle round here. I'm thirty four and plenty of people told me that was okay. lol

I'm very much like everything you described. I'm guessing you're in good company here. ;)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

It is a victory for stupidity, over common sense. As a reward, take a short holiday.... Did you enjoy it? Right, back to work!
Elessar

Return to Welcome