Hello from Hampshire

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello from Hampshire

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am

Hello all,

I found and joined this site and Dyspraxic Adults a couple of days ago.

I’m not a teenager, I’ve just turned thirty four in fact, but it’s obvious to me that I’ve been dyspraxic since birth, given the feeling of being a “Stranger in a Strange Land” I’ve had all my life, the physical clumsiness, and the wreckage the state education system reduced me to.

I probably won’t post here too much, it is mainly for teens after all, but I do want to learn and be learned from in that forumy way, you know? Although I’m not a parent (yet) I do have experience of children from roles in Scouts and Air Cadets, and I would like to know if I see someone suffering that they might be dyspraxic and that I might spot it and save them potentially years of anguish.

So hi y’all, see you around sometime.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

It is a victory for stupidity, over common sense. As a reward, take a short holiday.... Did you enjoy it? Right, back to work!
Elessar

Re: Hello from Hampshire

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 am

Hi there! Don't worry too much about being "too old to be here." There are quite a few of us who are in our twenties. My name is Beth. I just turned twenty years old this month, I have dyspraxia and dyslexia. I'm currently at uni doing a course in Media Productions and Scriptwriting.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi I'm James I'm 18 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers last year I Have 6 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi, I am Lucy, I am 16 and in year 11 at school. My interests include astronomy, science, reading, searching the internet and psychology. I also enjoy listening to rock music. I live in Essex in South East England and I have a pet cat called Jacko (named after Michael Jackson :lol: ) and some fish.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby wadey » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:48 pm

hi im lucy and im 21. I have dyspraxia, dyselixa and irlens syndorome. I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon. I also like writing stories and poems. I work with disablied adults which is really good fun but hard work.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here. I am on of the moderates so if you need any help feel free to ask
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Hello, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 20 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper, I'm doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Elessar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for the helloes. :)

I must say, most of you seem to be a hell of a lot more qualified than I am. lol (Which is to say, you're qualified at all.)

It is a victory for stupidity, over common sense. As a reward, take a short holiday.... Did you enjoy it? Right, back to work!
Elessar

Postby Elessar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:47 pm

I've only actually know about dyspraxia for a couple of years and I've only been near-certain I have it for a few days, after reading rather a good book about the subject.

I know some people say things like it feels like a weight off their shoulders to know the truth, but I just feel like I want to weep for the wasted years of emptiness and unfulfilment I've gone through. The vast majority of my young adulthood is gone and I've been made to feel stupid, awkward and rejected for most of it.

That so many people say they can not only do well academically, but feel dyspraxia has enriched their life amazes me. If I could be that way way, I would.

Elessar

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 am

Hiya, my name is Dan, I'm 16 and I live in South Wales. I am interested in science, rock music and computers, and in my spare time I like to play my guitar, read and do vector drawings. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you :) .
07williamsdj

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm

07williamsdj wrote:Hiya, my name is Dan, I'm 16 and I live in South Wales. I am interested in science, rock music and computers, and in my spare time I like to play my guitar, read and do vector drawings. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you :) .

Cheers mate, thanks. :D

Elessar

Return to Welcome