I forgot to introduce myself earlier so...

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

I forgot to introduce myself earlier so...

Postby in_the_shadows » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm Faith (or Fai, whichever), I'm 17, and haven't actually been diagnosed yet but fit pretty much all the symptoms (hell, you should see me trying to run (friends used to call me batman))... I've also got ADHD (the predominantly inattentive type) and possibly some other fun stuff... besides that I'm just generally unconventional. Obsessed with music (though not so into the stuff on the radio at the moment, no offense meant to those that are), books (as long as they're fantasy), philosophy and various extreme sports. And I guess I should probably stop talking, so, uh, hi there! ^^
Last edited by in_the_shadows on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Should probably warn you all; I tend to write in a kind of stream of conciousness... for which I am very sorry

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Re: I forgot to introduce myself earlier so...

Postby Steph » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 25. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby in_the_shadows » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

That sounds really interesting! I love animals too (have a dog and used to own two rats, so a cat would never really work). Have you been to many other countries then? Or do you just like learning about them anyway? And thanks. =)
Should probably warn you all; I tend to write in a kind of stream of conciousness... for which I am very sorry

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi, I am Lucy, I am 16 and in year 11 at school. My interests include astronomy, science, reading, searching the internet and psychology. I also enjoy listening to rock music. I live in Essex and I have a pet cat called Jacko (named after Michael Jackson :lol: ) and some fish.
I hope you enjoy the boards :)
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I have been to France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Morocco, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus and Portugal. I want to go to more countries as well though.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby in_the_shadows » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Nice... my family's quite international so I've been to quite a few myself (only moved back from switzerland for sixth form.. and after that who knows where? ^^)... What's Hong Kong like? And Australia? I've always wanted to go there... You should try Cambodia at some point... it's kinda similar to a few you mentioned (Thialand obviously), but possibly a little more off the beaten track (though of course, it depends where you go with all of them).

@Lucy Astronomy's awesome, probably a little hard to get into with English weather though (I've always wished I had the patience for stuff like that) :wink: What sorta books're you into?

~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby Steph » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Hong Kong is nice but very expensive! My friend and I only stayed there for 4 days and spent about £200! Australia is lovely too-the scenery there is amazing!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby in_the_shadows » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Woah! Might not go there for a while then ^^

~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:06 pm

I like a mixture of books. Mostly YA books though. I like series' of books like the 'Fallen' series and the 'Hush Hush' series but I also like just random books that I hear about. I also read non-fiction books too. I just generally like any book as long as it is good. :mrgreen:

I used the word book way too many times just then. :lol:
galexy96

Postby in_the_shadows » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:13 pm

I used to read those (still do sometimes, but shhh).. have you ever tried the Mortal Instruments Series (it's similar)?
Lol, don't worry about it, I have the same problem with brackets ^^

~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby galexy96 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

I may add that to my 'books to be read' list if it's any good.
galexy96

Postby wadey » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 pm

hi im lucy and im 21. I have dyspraxia, dyselixa and irlens syndorome. I love animals and have 1 rabbit, 1 chinchilla, 3 cats, 12 guinea-pigs and 1 bearded dragon. I also like writing stories and poems. I work with disablied adults which is really good fun but hard work.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here. I am on of the moderates so if you need any help feel free to ask
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello Faith, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 20 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently doing an HND in Animal Management. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby in_the_shadows » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:27 am

@other lucy Wow! Respect for all the animals you've got there... I've always wanted a Chinchilla, but I heard they're rather bad tempered.

@Remus Ditto (animals are awesome... other than scorpions perhaps)! What kind of music're you into?

~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby Remus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm

in_the_shadows wrote:@Remus Ditto (animals are awesome... other than scorpions perhaps)! What kind of music're you into?

Yeah, not keen on scorpions myself. All sorts really, from classical to pop to country, I'm pretty open, if I like the sound of it, I like it.
Remus
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome