Hello

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello

Postby Conor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello

I'm Conor 19 and I was diagnosed with dyspraxia before primary school but never really knew about it myself until I was about 10 or so. At the time my dyspraxia caused a variety of problems such as simple house tasks like tying shoes or even cutting my food at dinner were issues and my speech and writing were also issues especially at school. A lot of this alongside other things like bullying has resulted in my confidence being very low thus making friends was difficult.

Today my dyspraxia is not as much as a problem though the main problems still creep back such as my speech (rarely) and my poor writing. I'm still kinda shy but have managed to make some great friends through secondary school. Outside of the dyspraxia I'm a student at College currently doing a course on Administration and IT which has been going pretty well. I've always had interests in cars and automobile history, video games, films and Bowling with my friends. My only problems at the moment is getting a job which Ive been trying to do for 6 months and thus have used some of the times working for charities shops to gain experience.

I signed up on this site to talk to fellow dyspraxics as Dyspraxia seems to be non existent where I live and it can be a bit annoying being treated as if Im weird.

Anyway I should really stop typing now and hope to meet some nice people on here
Conor
Power Poster

Re: Hello

Postby wadey » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi. I'm Lucy and I am 22. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 3. I also have dyselxia. I work with disabled adults which is hard work but fun. I love animals and have 3 cats,4 guinea-pigs, 1 beaded dragon and a dog. I am also an moderate on here so please feel free to ask any questions, welcome to the forum,.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Conor, welcome to the forum. I'm Jess and I'm 28. I volunteer at 2 charity shops, belong to a singing group and go to gym and keep fit class. I like reading, cats, watching soaps on tv and going on the internet.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby nathanw-j » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 pm

hi

i have no life
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am

Hello Conor, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 20 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi, I am Lucy, I am 16, in my first year of college and I took Biology, Psychology, English Literature and Religious Studies for my AS levels . My interests include astronomy, science, reading, searching the internet and psychology. I also enjoy listening to rock music. I live in Essex in South East England and I have a pet cat called Jacko (named after Michael Jackson :lol: ) and some fish.

I hope you enjoy the boards. :mrgreen:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Rodge1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi I'm Robert, I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was 9 and have been fighting a losing battle ever since. Like you I have been trying to get a job for 6 or 7 months without success. Welcome to DT!
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 26. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby ThatMadHatter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Hello Conor!
Welcome to DT! :)
May I ask where about in Scotland are you from? I'm from Scotland too!
Uniqueness! Eccentricity! FTW!
ThatMadHatter
Advanced Member

Postby Dan D Lyons » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi, im Dan, im 16 and I am from Wales. I am doing Psychology, Geology, Biology and Physics A-levels and in my spare time I like to play guitar, listen to music and play video games (but not all at the same time).

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a good time on the boards.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby Conor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Thank yous all for a nice welcome :)

Hello Conor!
Welcome to DT!
May I ask where about in Scotland are you from? I'm from Scotland too!

Im live in the northeast at Aberdeen
Conor
Power Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:16 am

Hi I'm James I'm 19 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers two years ago, I Have 9 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Return to Welcome