Hello

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hello

Postby Paddington » Thu May 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi I am dyspraxic and proud of it :)
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Re: Hello

Postby nataliekirkland » Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome to the forum
nataliekirkland
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Thu May 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 26. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Fri May 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi. I'm lucy. I have dyslexia and dyspraxia. I love animals and have 3 guinea pigs, 3 cats, 1 dog and a beaded dragon. Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Dan D Lyons » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi, im Dan, im 16 and I am from Wales. I am doing Psychology, Geology, Biology and Physics A-levels and in my spare time I like to make music, listen to music and play video games (but not all at the same time).

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a good time on the boards.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby nathanw-j » Wed May 22, 2013 12:38 pm

hi and welcome to the forum

in your sig you einstein was dyspraxic, i thought he was dyslexic
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby JamesStanley » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 am

Hi I'm James I'm 19 years old I was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was about 6 years old and diagnosed with Aspergers two years ago, I Have 9 tattoos and a pet leopard gecko called Jacki. I'm also a moderator on here so if you have any questions or need any help you can message me.

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 21 and I'm mild dyspraxic. I live in Birmingham, West Midlands. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals! I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series. I am one of the moderators for DT so please do ask if you need any help.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Paddington » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:50 pm

ok i really didn't write much on my first post. I am a dispraxic young teen.

Dyspraxia means:
I can not sit still it
hurts after aproximately 6 minutes of writing.
I fail to hit small balls and other items with rackets and bats etc i have trouble using some body languge and my friend find it funny.
I am clumsy and i often spill things
I have trouble with fine motor skills e.g sewing i can do it but it never improves and takes a tremendous amount of time and energy
I dont get cliquiness and dont uderstand the fuss around celebrate or anything
I have big trouble with change and liked to know where i am,when,how,and why
My hand used to move without my knowledge meaning i go told off for breaking things when i was younger although it wasn't my fault.

I am gratefull to my pairents for beliving in me when the world got rough. they didnt think i was stupid as the tests and the teechers said. they refused to belive i was dumb and clumsy. They took me to an ocupational therapyst and got me tested and they stuck with me through the hours of ocupational therapy i attended and forced me to do all the exersises. They didnt realy tell me what my condition was so that i wouldnt be tempted to use i as an excuse to hid behind. They spent a long time making my 11+ as fair for me as possible so that i could pass or fail on my own merits.They got me into the best school for me and give me help when i needed it. They are two awsome people.

I was bullied and have spent the last 2 years ill in bed with chronic fatuige syndrome and acid refulux which i am recovering from with the minor set back of not being allowed to eat too much acids and i am intolorant to egg and dairy.

life is always rough but it comes with its merrits i have two amazing friends boath with individual learning diffrances or another form of disability. they know exactly what i am going through. and actualy understand me.The are diffcult sometimes but they are realy amazing. my life would suck without them.

for all it problems dispraxia is a blessing in descuise, it gave me:

Determination
courage
empathy
optimism
friends
a unique veiw on life
hope
passion
a firey attitude
the ability to do silly hings without imbarrasing my self
an imature personality

i know this has been a long post but it is nice to find people who understand thanks fro being here
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:38 pm

That was a very uplifting post to read. I am glad that you are now recovering from your long term illnesses.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 pm

glad you recovering from your long term illness :)
wadey
Site Admin

Return to Welcome