Hi, I'm new

Use this forum to announce yourself to the world!

Hi, I'm new

Postby becky » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:33 am

Hi, my name's Rebecca and I'm 18. I have dyspraxic and I'm a bit dyslexic. I was diagnosed as a young child (not sure how old I was) I never really talked to anyone dyspraxic before so I'm so glad I have found this site. It has made me feel normal. I was starting to think I was completely weird.
Out of interest do you tell your friends that your dyspraxic? I normally do but the other day I was explaining dyspraxia to my friend and she said I was just lazy and giving a name to something not real! She said if I put more time into things I would be less clumsy.As you can guess I was pissed at her
becky

Re: Hi, I'm new

Postby Creative » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi, I'm Jess and I'm 30. No I don't often tell my friends I have Dyspraxia. I like cats, reading and watching soaps on TV.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Paddington » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:28 pm

yello paddington here I have dyspraxia,dyslexia and dysgraphia (kinad funny the last one since i realy realy realy realy realy realy realy hate graphs) im 16 and i agree this is the only place i have ever felt normal. I love ducks, marmalade sandwiches and fryingpans and paddington bear. welcome to the forum where it doesn't matter whats happened we will always be here for you ( unless you destroy ducks..... like seriously I love ducks). Enjoy!

I did tell my friends that I have dyspraxia, well it was a bit obvious when i had to use a laptop in exams and school. It depends on how you feel. my friends are as mad as marmalade and I get on really well with them but they did start to get annoyed when I would bring up something 5 times in a day because i had completely forgotten. But also I made a big public speech about it so it was kinda hard to ignore oh it got to the stage when i had full blown rants every day. My advice: don't do that :oops: but i think it really does depend on your friends. I weighed up the pros and cons of telling them and realized there were more pros and i am glad I did. They stand up for me every time i get the whole "your grade was unfair you got to use a laptop"

becky wrote:.As you can guess I was pissed at her
becky wrote:As you can guess I was pissed at her

Just imagine hitting her with a frying pan, its a real stress buster :P , why don't you show her some dyspraxic charities, show it to her in the dictionary. People only tend to think that your lazy if they do not have enough evidence. keep going and trying to convince her but if not well were always here to show that your not wrong!
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

sorry cant seem to delete the repeat posts :(
Last edited by Paddington on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Paddington
Mega Poster

sorry computer went weird went weird
Last edited by Paddington on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddington
Mega Poster

sorry my compters gon weird and I cant work out how to delete the posts :(
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby becky » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Normally when I tell my friends they listened and it makes it better in lessons and stuff. E.g. they don't laugh at me when I fall down the steps of the bus.
I use a laptop too, I get the same problem with people saying it unfair when I do well.
becky

Postby Ben Jackson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Welcome Becky,
I'm Ben and I've got dyspraxia and verbal dyspraxia and also an condition that makes my hands wobble if some thing is to heavy for me to pick up or move.
B Jackson
Ben Jackson
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Sun May 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 28. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am pretty good at my job now without sounding boastful! I love animals (I have 1 cat at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Welcome