Telling Your Mates

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Telling Your Mates

Postby Max Meads » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi,

I have been diagnosed dyspraxic when i was about in year two, and i have it badly. I'm okay with it, but none of my mates know that i am dyspraxic. i want to tell them, because i feel they need to know to understand me better, but i am afraid that if i do, word may get out, and people may start bully ing me and calling me a spastic or retard.

any help plz :)
Max Meads

Re: Telling Your Mates

Postby olivia5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi,

I'm in year 10 at secondary school and when i was in yr 8 i told everyone in my yr about my dyspraxia. I wrote how i struggled and the feelings i had about it. I have had so much more positive response since I have told everyone. Do you have a SENCO at your school you could ask them? my SENCO suggested to me recently because new people had joined and they did not know that the few mates you wanted to tell sit down with them and your SENCO/ teacher who you could tell and they would explain for you. Trust me you won't get bullied because of it if you do they seriously are being really mean. i hope it goes well for you!
olivia5
Advanced Member

Postby Dyspraxic bear » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah do it I felt so much better once my best/only real friend new just find somewhere private swear tje, to secrecy and get it over with explain it a bit but never do it in pshe people think you are sucking up to the teacher ( my friend did that once)
Dyspraxic bear
Power Poster

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 am

i tell people if they ask if i have a learning disability, otherwise i say nothing
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat