Helpful iPhone apps

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Helpful iPhone apps

Postby Cynamon » Tue May 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Does anyone know of any useful iphone apps? Things like directions, calanders and other useful things. I've looked through the app store as I'm thinking of getting an iPhone but there's so many that it's a bit confusing so I was wondering if anyone here had an iPhone/iPod/iPad and uses any?
Cynamon

Re: Helpful iPhone apps

Postby xFCJ1995 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:21 pm

I have an iPhone myself and I've actually found that the in-built apps like the calendar, maps, notes and clock all work really well in terms of organising myself.

Th calendar is great because you can create multiple calendars for different things (i.e. Family Occasions, work, deadlines etc) and you can set it to give you reminders very easily.

The maps also works well because it's not only easy to use but by saving your home address into it it can direct you home from anywhere with the tap of a button, it's very simple!

However, the inbuilt app I find the most helpful is the 'Clocks'. It has four different functions; a timer, a stopwatch, times from around the world (you can add cities of you choice) and alarms. The alarms I use everyday because every alarm you create gets saved so you can easily use it again, and you can very simply set it to go off on certain days (such as weekdays).

If you're still considering getting an iPhone I really would recommend it because they are so simple to use, everything works very easily and all in all they are very dyspraxic-friendly!

I hope this helps,
Fenella :)
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Postby Remus » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 pm

I don't have an iPhone purely because it was way too expensive and I don't use my phone anyway so it would be kind of pointless so instead I went for iPod touch which to me looks very similiar and I love it!

I love the clocks tool, I have used the stop-watch and timer before, very useful.

As for apps I have downloaded, I wouldn't say they are useful, more for fun! I have Prince of Persia retro on there which is quite good and I love the game, Doodle God, amazing!

Edit: I just downloaded the Oxford Zoology Dictionary which I am sure will come in really handy for college, a HD Animals Wallpapers app and another app which is made up of rain and storm recordings which are suppose to help people with insomnia.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Cynamon » Fri May 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Thank you =D The alarms and maps sound good for me, well, as long as there's written directions. I can't read maps hehe.
Cynamon

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat