Grooming and getting ready on time.

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Grooming and getting ready on time.

Postby Super Nekou » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm

likeasheep wrote:Super Nekou, I'm glad you've found something that really works for you. :D Also, I love your signature!

Hehe, I am glad you like. I love it too!
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Postby pinksehenna » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:55 pm

doesnt anyone feel when theyve got make up on, it feels real dirty and greasy? i cant stand it on my face or am i just being far to self concious, or whatever i mean, soz :oops:
pinksehenna

Postby likeasheep » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm

The chances are, you're just wearing the wrong sort of makeup- if you're talking about foundation, it could be that it isn't right for your skin type and if it's an eyeshadow or lipstick or something, you could try a primer for the eyeshadow (that stops greasiness) and maybe a lip pencil (same sort of idea) before you put on the makeup!
likeasheep

Postby Steph » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:34 am

I can wear makeup but I choose to only wear it on special occasions as I have a tendency to rub my eyes a lot, especially in the hayfever season, and this ends up smudging my eye makeup. I also have an oversensitive blink reflex which makes eye makeup a nightmare to put on!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

I only wear lipstick. I can't be bothered with make-up.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 pm

I never remember to reaply lipstick so I don't often bother unless it's a really special occasion. I do wear mascara most of the time in winter, which I somehow manage to apply evenly. I can't get eyeliner on the top lid right. I don't wear much make up in summer since my allergies make me cry and rub my eyes too much.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby EllieRoss » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 am

It takes me ages to get ready in the morning. On a school day I never have time to put on make up and most of the I am still getting ready in the car on my way to the train and most of the time i eat my breackfast on the train.
EllieRoss

Postby Alice » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:15 pm

I have learned to passably aply eyeliner (and liquid eyeliner at that) to my top lid. I'm not sure how people manage to do that every day though, it takes ages, luckily I was only planning on using it for special occasions.

I haven't had much trouble dressing since I learned to stand on one leg (which is actually quite a long time ago now, I feel old). Buttons can be a little frustrating, but I have very few button up tops.

My only real problem is doing up laces behind my back.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm not very good at tying my hair back. It takes me ages and it never looks right when I've finished.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 pm

It is nice to know there are other girls who don't like make-up.

I only wear it to fit in at school. Actually, I have never worn make up to school before, I have worn make up once at my mums 40th birthday. But now I'm starting yr 9 on my first day back I don't want to look like my usual 10minutes to get ready I'm already late scruff XD

My sister gave me a make up lesson today, I'm only going to use some moisturizer, foundation and this tube that can cover up some spots...

I don't do eyes stuff- I hate going near my eye. I wear glasses 24/7 so I'm too use to them being protected lol.

And I take forever to get dressed, buttons are just evil. I always do them wrong- like I do the first button in the 3 button hole, and the 2 button in the 5th button hole and then I do the 3rd button in the 4th button hole it just all goes wrong. It takes me AGES and alot of concentration to get it right first time...
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Laura19 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Ye I take ages in the morning I have to get up like an hour before I have to leave! It seems a gud few of u guys do aswell!
Laura19
Power Poster

Postby Alice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Oh how you underestimate me. :P

It takes me one and a half hours to get ready to leave for uni. That includes 5 mins to put on make up, but not the time it takes me to select matching clothes.

I dislike mornings, so I almost never do bother with the matching clothes. I usually "need" the make up, because it's hard to schedule in enough sleep.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh how you underestimate me. :P

It takes me one and a half hours to get ready to leave for uni. That includes 5 mins to put on make up, but not the time it takes me to select matching clothes.

I dislike mornings, so I almost never do bother with the matching clothes. I usually "need" the make up, because I have a fair complexion and because it's hard to schedule in enough sleep. I get annoyed after the third person asks me if I need to go home/lie down/see a doctor.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Kirbster12 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Went to a school disco on thursday, and it seems like the definition of the word 'Disco' to a girl is as follows:
"Cake yourselves in loads of make-up, wear dresses that show your cleavage and leap about in high-heels, screeching in time to agonisingly loud music and flashing lights"
Hmmm....Not really my thing! My friend kept dragging me back up to dance when I'd only just exceeded my three-second stamina gauge! And when I did "dance", I was repeatedly skirting nervously around deadly spiked heels and boots.
Anyway, I managed to do mascara without taking my eye out(Yay!), although someone had to help me with the lip gloss..
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Before starting uni, I always found myself rushing to get ready. But now that my future career is on the line, I've been getting ready a few hours prior to leaving to catch the bus. Like today. I didn't have any lectures until 3pm, but I still set my alarm for 7:45am. This was also because I was expecting an email from my mentor since I had some stuff for her to sort out. But if I have an early lecture (which is on Tuesday) I set my alarm for 6:15am, it takes me about 15/20 minutes to eat breakfast, then another 10 minutes to get dressed and teeth brushed and then I'm off get the bus at 8am.

I'm feeling so proud of myself at the moment :D
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat