Poll - Opinions would be appreciated! :)

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Should I make a FB group for ALWD?

Yes
89%
No
No votes
Don't Care
11%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 9

Poll - Opinions would be appreciated! :)

Postby Remus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello everyone! Firstly apologizes for not being online at the moment, the HND is completely madness as the tutors have brought forward the deadlines by a month and I have like 7 days left to get everything done so naturally I'm doing my usual habit of just panicking like a madman! :P At least, it's a long summer once these few days are over...

Anyway, I'm just on a break now before I go back to the work and in the summer, I'm planning to update ALWD with some new pages and stuff but recently, I have been thinking about doing a facebook group for it and then linking it the site. In some ways I think it could be really useful as I could monitor the site more easily and thinking about doing weekly subjects to focus on. For example, one week the main topic might be cooking and we can discuss, share tips, any problems etc and then the next week another topic maybe time management or something like that. But then there is part of me which thinks that's it just a waste of time and a stupid idea so your opinions would be highly appreciated on what to do!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DYSPRAXIA ... 4841711200

^ Although this doesn't help. Half the content from ALWD is on that page and there is not credit whatsoever! :evil: I don't mind people using other people stuff, I used stuff for ALWD but I make sure I gave credit so I just find it bit rude especially as I'm massive Calvin and Hobbes fan and handwrote a lot of the content.

Hope you all well and that everything is okay. I will be back on here as usual as soon as I finish this neverending work!
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Poll - Opinions would be appreciated! :)

Postby Steph » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I say go for it :)
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I agree with Steph. It's a great idea. I was on a dyspraxia group the other day and they had a link to your website. :D
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't really look at my FB groups, which is why I'm not really joining any anymore (especially dyspraxia ones, I'm not embarassed about it, but It's a little strange to have it plastered all over my profile, sort of like wearing a bright yellow Tshirt saying "DYSPRAXIC PERSON" all the time).

I don't know if that reflects everyone though. It can't really do any harm,
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks for your opinions, Jess, Steph, Alice and everyone who voted! :)

Yeah, I can understand that Alice. I'm in about two dyspraxic groups on FB at the moment but to be honest, I find them very hard to keep up with.

I am going to go ahead with the FB group but I think I am going to plan and think carefully about it first before setting it up. I'm not free from college yet (evil anatomy holding me hostage! :P) but when I am done for summer, I'm going to come up with a proper structure and rules for the group, I want it to be a nice, warm, friendly group, not something that can easily fall into chaos.

By the way, I'm going to have a word with my brother about getting a proper website done. Webs is good but it does kind of limit you with things.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat