Am I mildly dyspraxic?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Am I mildly dyspraxic?

Postby st94 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Since birth I have lived my life without being diagnosed with any learning difficulties apart from a couple of minor speech and language disabilities however throughout my life I have noticed that I tend have coordination problems and find it difficult to control the volume of my voice in social situations I have never been good at any sports but I am a relatively healthy person with good stamina and strength (my postures slightly off). Could anybody please tell me if I have come to the right place?
st94

Re: Am I mildly dyspraxic?

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Maybe. It does like it to me, but there's no way of knowing without a proper diagnosis. You should talk to your doctor about it.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Sounds like a mirror of me, I can relate to everything you have said so I would steer towards yes but I agree with Beth, it's worth talking to your GP and see if you can get a proper diagnosis.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm

It does sound like it, especially about speaking loud, I do it all the time without realising.

But like the other 2 said, you see a GP about it.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Bri97 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah sounds just like me didn't really notice my problems until school age I had to have speech therapy but coordination is worst for me I would look into it.
Bri97
Power Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat