Improving Coordination

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Improving Coordination

Postby ashley964 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 am

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had tips for improving coordination? I have heard video games, puzzles, yoga and boxing works. Have these activities helped anyone improve their coordination?
ashley964

Re: Improving Coordination

Postby _robyn_ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 am

With my physiotherapist I did different excersises to improve my balance and co ordination.

With balance I used one of the big inflatable balls that are at gyms and balance on it in different ways.

My co ordination got alot better when I started play cricket. I use to go to a cricket practice about 3 times a week for a hour and throwing and catching the ball really improved my co ordination ALOT.

So know I only miss sometimes when I high five people. :mrgreen:
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 pm

I play guitar hero allot, I think it has helped me, and I think it is enjoyable.
07williamsdj

Postby sherwood » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 pm

I started archery about 3 years back and since then my co-ordination (particularly hand-eye co-ordination) has improved a LOT, as has my balance.
sherwood
Advanced Member

Postby ashley964 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:52 am

Thank you for replies and advice it is helpful and appreciated :)
ashley964

Postby _robyn_ » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 pm

07williamsdj wrote:I play guitar hero allot, I think it has helped me, and I think it is enjoyable.

I love guitar hero! I'm proud to say I'm at hard/expert level. Depends what disc I'm playing on.

Legends of rock is harder than world tour by a long shot so I play on hard most the time but I have caught up on expert. Just some songs like knights of cydonia I can't seem to complete on hard or expert!
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby 07williamsdj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 pm

You should try guitar hero metallica, they do very hard songs.
07williamsdj

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 am

07williamsdj wrote:You should try guitar hero metallica, they do very hard songs.

Yeh, but hardest song of all dragon force! through the flames and fire. I tried it on expert I did not last more than 2 seconds.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:39 pm

but whats the point of an impossible song?
07williamsdj

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 am

I don't think it is impossible, it is possible because there are people who have completed it. Also I recon playing on the real guitar must be even harder and the guitarist in dragonforce can do that :D
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:56 am

True, I wouldn't even attempt it, but I don't see the point of music being that fast if it doesn't enhance the song.
07williamsdj

Postby kitty123 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am

ok this is gonna sound weird i tried unicycling to get better balance it relly worked i bought one and tried it n it took lots of weeks plenty of falls but it really helped me :) :D
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips