slip of the tounge

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

slip of the tounge

Postby wadey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:03 am

The other day I found an old report about me and my dyspraxia, it stated that due to my dyspraxia I sometimes have 'the slip of the tounge' for an example I might say 'I like this song which is on the radiator' which of course when I say radiator I mean radio ~ I was just wondering if anyone else has the 'slip of the tounge'
wadey
Site Admin

Re: slip of the tounge

Postby Steph » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 pm

I wouldn't say I have it in the same way that you describe but I do tend to think of random things while I am talking about something else and then i will say the wrong word which is the object I am thinking about in my mind-not sure if that makes sense or not.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Thats make perfect sense, I sometimes do that as well
wadey
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 am

When I was younger I would say more like 2 words together, so I might want to say radio and I starting thinking of the colour blue and end up saying bludio or radu.

But when I write, alot of the time I do what you describe. I write the word at and and.
(:D I just did it then, after the word at I meant as not and.) I do it on computers as well obviously lol.

I write the words like at, as, all, app e.t.c They get written and.
It also happens when the word of ends up as out....
It never really effect, I just usually ignore it. But now that it has been brought up I'm noticing I do it quite alot...
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby 07williamsdj » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:49 am

I have that sometimes aswell, especially when I am tired or in the middle of doing something else.
07williamsdj

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:21 am

_robyn_ wrote: I write the words like at, as, all, app e.t.c They get written and.
It never really effect, I just usually ignore it. But now that it has been brought up I'm noticing I do it quite alot...

I'm like that. I used to write "look" instead of "walk" all the time - nearly every time! I also miss out words, which is rather annoying when someone else is reading it.

About the slip of the tongue thing, the other day I said "infue-lential" instead of "influential." I was annoyed as hell :evil:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I wouldn't say exactly that but I do have a habit of saying words wrong and just completely inventing a new one instead! :P

I also tend to mix my words around as well if I'm tired or stressed something like "I'm putting the fridge into the milk" instead of "I'm putting the milk into the fridge.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 pm

MontyDyspraxia wrote:
_robyn_ wrote: I write the words like at, as, all, app e.t.c They get written and.

I'm like that. I used to write "look" instead of "walk" all the time - nearly every time! I also miss out words, which is rather annoying when someone else is reading it.

About the slip of the tongue thing, the other day I said "infue-lential" instead of "influential." I was annoyed as hell :evil:

I do that alot as well, especially when I'm writing.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby wadey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm

When I'm writing I will write over for other, and other for over
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Funnily enough, a version of this happened tonight. I was texting my friend to tell her that it was a 45 minute wait for the bus but I ended up writing "walk" instead of "wait".
Steph
Forum God !

Postby jpowls » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:37 pm

I had a classic one at work today, when I was talking my abilty to speak before my brain engages and I often to put my "mouth" in it (as opposed to foot). :roll: :mrgreen:
jpowls

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Ooh, what's that word meaning crazy with a fever? It begins with D *ponders for ages* Delusional! That's right! *Next day* Delusional? Why the heck did I write that? It's delirious, you idiot *facepalm*

Sigh...Why must that happen NEARLY EVERY TIME! :evil: :evil: :evil: I know in writing it can be changed, but it's still freakin' annoying.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carizza » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:58 am

That happens to me at times. Its like I combine two words that my friends cannot understand what I'm talking about. Its kinda hard because I have to repeat what I said all over again so that they'll understand me.
carizza
Advanced Member

Postby Ben gardner » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 am

i very rarely do stuff like that sometimes ill say stuff like flidge instead of fridge and stuff like that but very rarely
Ben gardner

Postby Bri97 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Sort of, more than one time I have been rushing my words and have accidentally sworn (like, im sitting down as, well, you can guess..) lol with me when I am nervous or eager to say something nobody can understand me, well, I can hardly understand myself. 8)
Bri97
Power Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat