does anyone here write with their left hand?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

does anyone here write with their left hand?

Postby pinksehenna » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

im left handed. And most creative people ive met are left handed, and dyspraxic people are supposed to be really creative. Scientifically it has been proven that people who are left handed are more likely to be creative because you're using that side of the brain a high percentage of the time. I was wondering if this may somehow be linked to dyspraxia? x :?: :?: :? :)
pinksehenna

Re: does anyone here write with their left hand?

Postby Remus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 pm

I personally don't think there is a connection. I'm right handed and whilst I'm not good art or anything, I am a writer so I have naturally got to be as creative as can be when it comes to planning stories but I've never linked it with my dyspraxia. My father is left handed and to be quite honest, I've never seen a creative spark from him ever.

So personally I think, left handed or right handed, dyspraxic or not, if you are a creative person, you are a creative person and that's that.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm right handed and I write stories and poems.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm left handed-I used to be ambidextrous as a child but gradually became solely left handed. I do write stories but I agree with Remus-if you are creative, you are creative, regardless of your hand preference. I have heard that people with dyslexia and autism are also more likely to be left handed but I can't remember where I heard it from-it was a scientific source though.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm left handed
Creative
Forum God !

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Im right handed but I mostly play guitar, most of the note buisness is done with my left hand
07williamsdj

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm

I used to be ambidextrous as a child, but now I'm mostly right-handed. And I'm the most creative person I know :lol:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Wolf Spirit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:38 am

I'm left handed.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Ambidextrous,

I can't do everything with both hands, but I don't have a strongest hand since I write with my right but I play the guitar with my left, and I eat left handed.

I throw far with my right, but to be more accurate I throw close with my left.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Alice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Ex-ambidextrous.

Fencing improved my co-ordination more in my right hand (the one I hold the foil in), and now I've been right handed for years.

I have few memories of left and right even now, and non before I began fencing. I just remember "one side" if that makes any sense. I often used to get accused of faking injuries because I had to try out both feet before saying which ankle was sprained or whatever. I also used to get extremely confused when people told me how clever I was for mirror writing, to me writing whent across your body from whichever hand (I can still read mirror writing as well as normal if I don't notice).
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby _robyn_ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Wow, seems like quite alot of people are either ambidextrous or Ex-ambidextrous.

I use to be able to do everything with both hands, but now things have kinda chosen hand.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby AnandaThePanda » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah I'm Ex-ambidextrous. I heard that poor left/right hand dominance is a symptom of dyspraxia. But I think dyspraxic people are creative because they day dream more, and so are more imaginative. I don't think it's because of the left hand.
AnandaThePanda
Super Poster

Postby PopOnImpact » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:27 am

I'm dispraxic, left-handed and perhaps the least creative/artistic person I know.
PopOnImpact

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm Left handed when writing. but only when writing. I do everything else right handed.

This happened because when I was learning to write, I kept swapping hand, and eventually someone (not sure who) decided I was left handed. so I was taught to write left-handed.

apparently I write better with my right hand than my mum (who's right handed) does with her left.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat