Obesssions?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Obesssions?

Postby Alice » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:05 pm

My most obvious and enduring obsession would be with food/cooking. I recently sorted the books in my room and put two rows of cookbooks up on the shelves together before realising that I had left a large number of them in one of the crates in the cellar. I do own some cookbooks which I haven't cooked from, but I have only bought three for myself that I have yet to use. Most of the time though, I enjoy adapting recipies. When my Mum rings me at uni, the first thing I tell her is everything I have eaten since we last spoke, and when she's trying to calm me down she asks me what I'll be eating tommorow.

I have also liked cuddly toys my whole life. I don't think that's too unusual, but apparently I like them far too much for a 20 year old. I like the soft texture, particularly of the more modern fury fabrics. There are a lot of specifications I have for cuddly toys, but I still manage to acumulate ones that fit the criteria. My boyfriend says that he always knows when I'm upset because I'll "talk through" my cuddly toys (ie, I'll make the one I'm holding do gestures to express how I'm feeling). I remember the names of all of mine, and how I got them, and feel like they have personalities. I recently got rid of all the toys I haven't "bonded" with, and I still have more than anyone else I know.

I get transitional "obsessions" too. The most notable being a preocupation with robots when I was quite a lot younger (it lasted about 3 years). When I was little I sometimes decided to learn all the breeds and features and care instructions of a particular kind of animal. Other kids used to say they loved dogs, horses, hamsters, or whatever and what they meant was that they wanted one or liked playing with them, wheras I was more interested in them in a theoretical sense. Currently, I spend far to much time thinking about knitting.

I think one of the reasons I have such poor general knowlage is that, while I wouldn't say I was obsessed with all my hobbies, when I like something I tend to like it a lot and if I can't happily spend hours and hours thinking about or doing something for days on end I generally don't count it as interesting at all.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby wadey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:57 pm

one my obsessions is that my fingers has always got to be moving. I mainly make sure that they moving by having something in my hand that my fingers can fiddle with.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby pinksehenna » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 pm

my obsessions at them moment are how people dress, their personal style. What do you call their style, they may have a mix of styles, for instance punk and Boho chic. Im really into fashion, how clothes are made. Also what I find fascinating is how people's genetic features relate to eachother so if a kid has his mum's nose, or mouth. In addition how a parent's relationship is with their child, with others, peoples' charater. I find it fascinating how people put on make up, what their personalities are by the apperance lol how weird am i :?: :oops: :roll: :lol:
pinksehenna

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 am

I have started to get a obsession with prime numbers..

499 is a prime number and the 499th prime is 3559. The 500th prime number is 3571.

The 60th prime number is 281.

My favourite prime number is 233.
it is a full repented prime, irregular prime, triplet prime(227 &229), cousin prime(229), sophie germain prime (2p+1=a) chen prime (p+2=a), fibonacci prime(the 13th numer in the fibonacci sequence) Einstein prime(z=3n-1).

and I know the prime numbers up to about 60. And a few numbers after that.

So that was just by memory. :D
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 am

Wolves and wolf related video games (Okami, Okamiden, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) and anime (Princess Monoke, Wolf's Rain)
Scott Pilgrim (I have a huge collection of Scott Pilgrim stuff- I have spent over £100 on it!)
Warriors (A book series about cats)
Japanese/Chinese culture (Fun fact: Ookami means wolf in Japanese!)
Cheese and nachos (Nachos.are.incredible.)

And many other things! :D
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby Kirbster12 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Warriors is amazing!
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Wow, where to begin! :lol:
previous obsessions have been:
Doctor Who
Harry Potter
Pokemon
David Bowie
Stephen Fry ( I still like him very much, but I‘m not obsessed any more )
Red Dwarf ( still one of my favourite shows, but no longer an obsession )
Victorian literature
Baking
Having perfect nails.

Current obsessions:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Jeeves and Wooster
Hello Kitty
Adam Ant
The Young Ones ( I just love Rik! )
Shopping! :lol:
I also enjoy trains, but it isn‘t an obsession ( yet... )
I am also perfectionistic to the point of obsession, which can be upsetting, as no one is perfect but I am often really hard on myself for not being ! :‘)
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby carizza » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 am

I'm so hooked up at floral dresses or anything that has floral prints on it. I know it may sounds so girly or throw back but for some reason I don find them so cute. If you've seen my closet its like 75% of it are tees, blouse, tops or shorts, skirts that has floral prints. I even have shoes that are floral too.
carizza
Advanced Member

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Kingdom Hearts...Gotta play Kingdom Hearts...Kingdom Hearts! :shock:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Harry Potter
Jacqueline Wilson
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

writing list of names
wadey
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 pm

The Sims Social
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 am

wadey wrote:writing list of names

I go through phases of that. One time, I laboriously copied my list of Facebook friends onto A4 paper. I also like categorising them into male, female, age etc. Yes I'm strange!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby galexy96 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I also have phases like that, writing names I like.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby wadey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Steph wrote:
wadey wrote:writing list of names

I go through phases of that. One time, I laboriously copied my list of Facebook friends onto A4 paper. I also like categorising them into male, female, age etc. Yes I'm strange!

i also put them into thoes catorgies but i make it all up
wadey
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat