Suspected OCD

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Suspected OCD

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:12 pm

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it :)
Anyways, anyone who has read my thread ( Emotional self harm ) will know that my mental health is, shall we say, not fabulous.
I had no idea what was wrong with me, but earlier I read an article on OCD, which had a list of symptoms and examples of the thoughts and fears people with the condition could be having.
It was as though the author had looked inside my head and described my thoughts exactly. I had every single symptom
Compulsive over- washing, fear that others were going to hurt me, fear that I would harm someone without realising, fear of dirt, fear of contamination, fear of going to Hell ( even though I don‘t believe in Hell :roll: ) and thoughts so terrifying I won‘t put them on here as it may upset some people.
I would like to be tested, but I‘m gonna wait till September ( when I start Uni ) as my parents say nothing is wrong with me and blackmailed me out of seeking help for my depression.
Does anyone else on here have OCD?
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Re: Suspected OCD

Postby Remus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:27 pm

I don't have it but I think it's good that you are going forward with a diagnosis in September and I hope they give you the answers you seek. My parents are like that too, anytime I tried to about my dyspraxia or my mental state, they pull the plug on me instantly.
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Suspected OCD

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Thank you :) I just want to know what‘s wrong :(
My Mum sees diagnoses as labels where mental health is concerned. Also, she doesn‘t see the point of admitting to being unhappy or needing help. She won‘t listen. My Dad is much worse; when I was suicidal and having panic attacks he accused me of faking it and punished me. I love both my parents but don‘t always like them very much. I could scream with frustration !
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat