help with textbook note taking please!!!

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

help with textbook note taking please!!!

Postby tamarajayne » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm

hey guys,

i'm new to this site.. i only found out i had dyspraxia at the end of my GCSEs, i'm doing A.S now and struggling to take notes that teachers set to copy from books, it takes me sooooooooooooo long it's frustrating!!
do you have an tips you could share that you find useful or anything alternative i could try??!
it would be soo much help!! :D x x x
tamarajayne

Re: help with textbook note taking please!!!

Postby wadey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi

Not sure if you making notes by hand or not, if you are making notes by hand you can ask your teachers if it be ok if you take a netbook or laptop into your lessons and use it to makes notes.
wadey
Site Admin

Re: help with textbook note taking please!!!

Postby opamphilion » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:25 pm

i find that mind maps are the best way, but to source the information in the first place sometimes freinds that are willing to give me the notes to use as a guid but if i have to do it my self i creat a mind map with the name of what im lokking at in the middle for example sock then i read the sorce and write ever importat peice of information that i find. then you do it again and if you still think it is all needed then give it a day and look at it again i then find that this is so preety solid notes, but it lakes so time. hope this helps.
opamphilion

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips