Outdoor Play Equipment

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Outdoor Play Equipment

Postby RFBlake » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Hey guys

I'm currently in my final year at university and am designing/ making a piece of outdoor play equipment for schools for children with dyspraxia. It would be really useful to know in general your thoughts about your playground experiences and if there was certain play equipment that could have helped you develop motor/social skills?

Would there have been any aspects of play that you would have liked but were not available? Or would you have liked a piece of play equipment involving water, sound, lights, touch, active catching etc...
Also if you think there is no need for specific outdoor play equipment?

If you could help out with any general info that would be great!

Thanks, Becky
RFBlake

Re: Outdoor Play Equipment

Postby wadey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm

firstly i think it great what you are doing :)

my experince of the playground was quite boring for me. There was nothing in the playground. I would of liked something to do with water or sand. Maybe having someting to make a tunnell and then having to pour water into the tunnell which we made? As with the sand i quite like to dig it.

i know that most of that proberly won't help you but i hope it does and good luck.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby spilt juice » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm

When I was younger I loved playing on anything that spun around, in my local park they had a chair type thing that would tilt and spin and I could play on it for hours because it was really calming. Hope this helped :D
spilt juice

Postby Alice » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I never really needed play equipment myself. We had none in primary school until after I left (save some painted on games on the playground tarmac which wore off every few years), and though I did use the family climbing frame as a "prop" in games with other kids, I was happier just "imagining" on my own without that sort of thing.

I did however, in my breif trips out of my own head, enjoy going on any swings that might be nearbye.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat