Learning to swim

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Learning to swim

Postby liam666 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 pm

hi i was wondering how many people on hear can swim cause i realy want to learn but i just cant do it iv had lodes of lessons but it never worked has anyone got any tips
Do we serve a purpose or purposely serve
liam666
Advanced Member

Re: Learning to swim

Postby wadey » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I can swim, this going to sound like a stupid tip, but how I learnt was i told myself over and over again that I can swim
wadey
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I learnt to swim last year i started off by using the floaty tube thing and then one day i just got in and went for it and swam without it.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:14 am

I can swim pretty well using breaststroke. I was taken to swimming classes from the age of 2 and my primary school had an outside swimming pool which every class had one lesson a week in from Reception. I think that's what worked for me-being immersed in it from such an early age. I think the older you are, the less confident you are about learning. My boyfriend (not dyspraxic) is 29 and has never learned to swim and he is terrified of learning.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Beckie93 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 am

I learnt how to swimm when i was little but over the years i have kindda forgot,, nd scared to go in a swim pool,, i would love to b able to swim again but dnt think it will work :D x
Beckie Boo x
Beckie93

Postby EllieRoss » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Are you scared of water or just can't swim ??I learnt to swim at a disbitiy swimming club that has alot lot of kids with dyspraxia. Where there is a lot of specilzd teachers/coachs that knw alot about the diffculties people with dispraxia have. So i think disablity spealsits are very good. Also I have progrest on to swimming for the North West Disablity swim sqaud which are very good with people with dyspraxia although you can only go to a regonal team once you have learnt to swim. I took years to learn to swim but have now have swum the natational in the dyspraxic classification so it is worth the effort

Ellie xx
EllieRoss

Postby billy15uk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:06 pm

i started swimming since i was 7 years oid

its good that you can swim :) !

i like it
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Postby Dyspraxic bear » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Go in a shallow pool where you can easily touch the ground you will not drown get some foam armbands if possible as they don't restrict swimming( only if your scared bad very or little) there are no monsters in the pool I was fine but was scared of drowning I found these tips now I love it so much
Dyspraxic bear
Power Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat