hyper realistic dreams

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

hyper realistic dreams

Postby Ben gardner » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:42 pm

i recently asked some of my mates about what thyr dreams are like they all said they were foggy and unrealistic but mine are like im actually there souch smell emotions etcetera another thing is i cant remember the faces of people ive known for years but in my dreams they look exactly the same as they do in real life * is anyone else like this i wasnt sure if it was something to do with dyspraxia
Ben gardner

Re: hyper realistic dreams

Postby Steph » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:45 pm

I can't often remember my dreams but the ones I can remember are very realistic-so much so that I often have to think about whether they really happened or not.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:58 am

I don't have a lot of dreams but the ones I do have are very realistic, they do genuine feel real and when I snap out of them, it is quite a strange feeling and my heart tends to be racing.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby 07williamsdj » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I get realistic dreams alot, when I remember them. although some things seem very surreal, like seeing my dogs dance lol.
07williamsdj

Postby Alice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

I only remember my dreams if something's wrong. I think because my sleep patterns become more disturbed under stress and that probably has some kind of effect on my remembering them.

Generally, I have to use context to tell if it was a dream or not, they tend to be rather vivid. Then again, my imagination is very vivid in general, so I suppose it makes sense.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby AnandaThePanda » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Yes my dreams are vivid. They're usually very imaginative too (the moon melting from global warming!) and funny. I tend to remember them because they're often unusual, like I was sent to boarding school...I was tall (in reality I'm short)...I could fly (and so could my cat, ha ha) It's funny, I never seem to dream of people who I don't like. But that's cool.
AnandaThePanda
Super Poster

Postby ohpandahat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:48 pm

I have such realistic dreams eg. I will dream that i've gone outside and fed my rabbit, and then when I wake up I think i've fed my rabbit! I can't distinguish whether it was a dream or whether it's reality. I often dream that i've had a conversation with someone because it seems so real!
ohpandahat
Super Poster

Postby AnandaThePanda » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

I heard that, the more you remember your dreams, the worse you memory is in real life. And dyspraxic people have bad short term memory so they remember their dreams more.
AnandaThePanda
Super Poster

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Steph wrote:I can't often remember my dreams but the ones I can remember are very realistic-so much so that I often have to think about whether they really happened or not.

I totally agree on that. If I can remember what I've dreamt about, the dream usually feels very realistic to me, almost as if had been watching a movie in the cinema instead of making stuff up in my own head. However, I scarcely remember my dreams :? often I just wake up and feel completely blank.
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby Triple-J K » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm

This happens to me. I barely ever remember dreams, but I had a super realistic one last night. I dreamt that a pop star(not telling you my taste in music) had me over at hers, and her boyfriend started abusing her, and I encouraged her to leave him, and she drove me in a ford explorer, 2009 model (why do I remember this???) and she was performing at a concert when I woke up. Turns out the song I heard at the concert was exactly the same one playing at that moment on my iPod LOL!
Triple-J K

Postby Wolf Spirit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:47 pm

I am very odd when it comes to dreams.

I remember a lot of my dreams in detail. Some of them are things that could easily happen in real life, some are just crazy and would not happen in real life, and some are inbetween. If I have a dream to do with sensitive subjects I sometimes wake up crying.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Mine vary. Some dreams I have are realistic, and usually the more realistic, the scaryier the dream. Some aren't very realistic, but when I'm in the dream they feel real and they are clear. There have been times when I can't remember if something was a dream/nightmare or if it was real which has caused me problems (some dreams feel like real memories long after they've happened, which makes me worried some things I remember might not have happened)

I don't get foggy dreams. They're always clear.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:50 pm

I hardly remember my dreams and when I do, I like to try analyse them. I woke up recently feeling very odd, yet I couldn't remember a single thing about my dream and why I would find it odd which I find most peculiar.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby _robyn_ » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:02 am

I don't sleep much, when I do sleep I have very realistic dreams. Often on a school night I will dream about the next day at school (especially if i'm worried about the next day at school which is often) and when I wake up I feel so annoyed because usually by the time I wake I really believe I had already done that day of school. then I realize it is 7am and I have to get ready for school.

I also tend to day dream, to the point where I completely zone out from the real world. And it is always the same day dream.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby lycanfist » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:16 pm

I normally don't remember my dreams, but the ones I do, unfortunately those are the nightmares, and they are hard to forget :roll:

Robyn, I'm the same as you, I get these day dreams very often, that are very hard to snap out of, its as if they're real
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat