take the mick out of it

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

take the mick out of it

Postby jakebroadbent » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:28 pm

i find making jokes about it helps
jakebroadbent

Re: take the mick out of it

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Making jokes is a good way of coping with dyspraxia indeed.
But I'd say it depends on whom you joke with. Making jokes about myself while I'm spending time with friends is quite an ordinary thing for me to do but in the company of people I don't know I tend to avoid joking at all. I fear that my sense of humour could be misunderstood or mistaken for being "really weird" :?
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby spilt juice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 am

dyspraxia has become a long runnning joke between me and my friends and I find it quite helpful but when I've had a really terrible day jokes about dyspraxia are the last thing I want to hear
spilt juice

Postby Steph » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 am

I make jokes about it a lot too when I am with my friends or family. It's a long running joke that I can't walk in heels at all so I made a joke of it when I had to wear them for my uncle's wedding and went straight on a night out in Brighton for my friend's birthday. By the end of the night, I had taken them off and was walking around in tights on a freezing cold night in November but I found it funny. I find keeping a sense of humour helps rather than letting it frustrate me.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby madame_tigre » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:57 pm

I often make jokes about it and when I do, I feel that people laugh along with me and not at me.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips