Lack of support from Family members

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Lack of support from Family members

Postby Sara25 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello

I’m new to this but I’m so glad I found this forum as its opened up a whole new world for me. This is because i used to think that i was just crazy and it was just me who had these difficulties but it’s not: D. Well, my story is that there is no one in my family with the understanding that dyspraxia had made me the way I am. I have a really bad temper and can just go ballistic. I have recently been diagnosed because i myself booked myself in for an assessment. I am very annoyed that no one even thought to themselves that there could have been a specific reason behind all the numerous difficulties I have faced over the years. My dad even said that I have had these problems because I didn’t appreciate what he did for me which to be honest was very little. I have had such a hard time and I guess I just wanted to tell someone about it. And I guess i feel that I've been treated unfairly. I've even experienced physical abuse because of the symptoms of dyspraxia. I’m planning on going away to University in September because i don't feel that anyone in my family actually cares.I know my post sounds a bit strange in some ways but this is whats happened and im so sick of being treated like dirt because dyspraxia whilst being told that no one has any sympathy and that no one cares.

Sara
Sara25

Re: Lack of support from Family members

Postby wadey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

sara~ somestimes family members find it hard that someone in their family have an disabilty. try talking to them about how you feel and i hope things improve soon
wadey
Site Admin

Re: Lack of support from Family members

Postby Steph » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:49 pm

I agree with Wadey-I'm sure they would be upset to know that their behaviour is making you feel so low. My parents always suspected I had some sort of difficulty and, even with that knowledge, they found it hard to deal with when I was first diagnosed and still don't fully understand even now so it must be even harder if you have parents who didn't even suspect anything.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat