I need a knew obsession.

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

I need a knew obsession.

Postby _robyn_ » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:56 am

I have been really really down lately. it is christmas day and all i want to do is go to bed. But I wont sleep, I haven't had a popper sleep in ages. I just never seem to fall asleep and my mum keep worrying because I'm not eating enough (I'm just not hungry.)
School has been really tough and I hate it.

since I was 6 I have had a obsession with doctor who. Full on, I know every single fact about doctor who starting from 2005. But i'm no longer obsessed with it.

But when i had that obsession when ever I felt sad I could just watch a doctor who episode or read a doctor who adventure magazine or look up some doctor who facts on the internet and it always made me so much calmer and happier. But know if im upset nothing cheers me up.

Having a obsession is a coping method for me, and I badly need a knew one because I just feel so rubbish and nothing will make me feel better. Does anyone have any advice?
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Re: I need a knew obsession.

Postby Steph » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:38 am

I don't really know what to suggest as your new obsession as, with me, I have never chosen an obsession in advance-it starts as an interest and then develops into a full blown obsession. It might help to talk to your GP as it sounds like you have a few symptoms of depression and they will be able to help you but keep posting on here too-we are always here to listen to you.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Like steph said I think you should visit the doctors but we are always here for you, I hope you start to feel better soon. I would give you some ideas but we are all different, at the moment my obessions are inbetweeners, adverts and emerency servie (emerency service have been an obession since I was about 2 years old)
wadey
Site Admin

Postby lycanfist » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:12 pm

If you're really into doctor who, you should try getting into star wars or star trek, as they both have huge universes that will take longer to fully understand :)
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby Creative » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 pm

I agree with the advice that has been given. I would visit your GP.
As for a new obsession, no one can choose one for you I don't think. I used to be obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson books. I'm getting too old for them now and it can be weird when I read one now and I'm not as into them as I used to be.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby _robyn_ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone :) I have appointment on january 26th with a child adolescent so I will ask them about it.

Creative wrote:I agree with the advice that has been given. I would visit your GP.
As for a new obsession, no one can choose one for you I don't think. I used to be obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson books. I'm getting too old for them now and it can be weird when I read one now and I'm not as into them as I used to be.

I guess you are right, no one can choose for me. but Iam just trying to find something I can get into liking. I often have lots of little obsession (prime numbers, christmas number ones, rubix cubes) but they don't seem to last long. Unlike doctor who which lasted since I was 6 till 12.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby jemstein123 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 pm

My boyfriend has an obsession with trains, Mine is Music and Warships. Its a really odd relationship. :lol: Try something new, I like combat sport it gets your frustration out, like fencing :)
This forum has made me feel better, I can rant and get support
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Postby Alice » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:08 pm

jemstein123 wrote:Try something new, I like combat sport it gets your frustration out, like fencing :)

EVERYONE should take up fencing :D

So long as it's not Epe :P
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips