Do you ever get this feeling?,...

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Do you ever get this feeling?,...

Postby jemstein123 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Do you ever get this feeling of anxiety even when you know the people your socialsing with? - also when they are laughing and your not listening because your too busy doing something else and you feel a tad ignorant at people.
I don't know I always feel like an attention seeker and I really feel akward and nervous to speak up to people because I have low slef asteam.
I just have problems saying whats in my head.

my dyspraxia is alot better than it used to be as a child but I feel I have emotional and self id identity issues? - I had speech therapy and occupational therapy as a child too.

any thoughts?
Just wondering if this is a common feeling?

Jem
x
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Re: Do you ever get this feeling?,...

Postby wadey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 am

I get anxious when speaking to people, even though I do know them. I think it more to do with as I was bullied a lot because of my speech.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby jemstein123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 am

I was bullied alot at school maybe that's something to do with it also?
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Postby wadey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm

jemstein123 wrote:I was bullied alot at school maybe that's something to do with it also?

I would say it more to do with bullying, even though I have always been really shy and would always try and get out of speaking to people including my own family ever since I was little, but then again apparently i have always been aware that i had a speech problem. Even now I don't lilke speaking to my family!, how do you feel about speaking with family members?
wadey
Site Admin

Postby jemstein123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Better than I used to be, they always used to find me secretive, I still get abit aggressive when I have to answer questions which are uncomfortable to me. I think mines to do with confidence and feeling comfortable about saying stuff to people the only person which hasn't been a problem is my boyfriend, he helps quite alot emotionally.
Bullying has alot to do with personal confidence I think its implicated by past expirence as a young teenager.
I have problems with my emotions and I'm always over thinking about them and myself.. it drives me up the wall. I think self esteem has alot to do with it. Ive learnt to be more open with family and it helps in the long run because they are always there to support you.
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat