*waves hello!* :D

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

*waves hello!* :D

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Well Hi!
It‘s been a very long time since I was last on here. There are lots of reasons why (OK, I forgot about DT... :oops: ) but mostly it was because my mental health took a nosedive (Yay for anxiety!.. not.) after I found out I couldn‘t go to Uni (it was very messy and upsetting, I was suicidal for a while.)
I know you lovely people would‘ve been kind and supportive and awesome, but I felt like a failure. I was too ashamed to talk about what a mess I was, so I didn‘t. I have some of you on Facebook, and I am sure you noticed the depressing stuff I was posting at one point! :‘)
A lot has happened. My mum gave birth to a little
boy called George, who tragically died. It was just too early, and he had a heart defect. :cry: I saw his birth. I‘m never gonna get over seeing his tiny body. Sorry, I know this must be horribly depressing to read, but I need to vent, and I know you‘re good listeners :)
It hasn‘t been all bad though. I got back with an old boyfriend recently, and he saved me from the misery just by being there for me: letting me talk and cry, encouraging me to eat, hugging me, laughing with me, taking me out, etc.
I love him! :D
How are you all?
xxxxx
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Re: *waves hello!* :D

Postby Steph » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Holly. I did notice that you seemed very unhappy on Facebook-I am glad things are starting to pick up with the boyfriend. I was very sad to read about George-that must have been absolutely devastating. I am also sorry that you didn't get into uni, particularly because it was not due to anything you had done at all! Life is very unfair sometimes. Did you reapply for this coming September? Above all, welcome back to DT :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Steph! :D
I‘m looking for an apprenticeship ATM, and also a part time job. It‘s not going well :S but I keep trying. I live in hope! Yeah, Greg‘s fabulous :3 He makes me feel special, and somewhat less of a failure. He‘s sort of like the antidote to my madness. I know I need help, proper, professional help, but right now I find remembering to eat difficult, so I‘d never cope with being assesed. Stuff like the post arriving sends me into anxiety overload right now, so it‘s doubtful I‘d cope with anything big.
Still. I am happier than I was.
George‘s death was harrowing, but we‘re coping.

I missed you guys! :D
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby wadey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Holly

I also noticed that you seemed quite unhappy on facebook. I'm really sorry to read about George, it really horrible when things like that happen. Just remember your whole family going through the same feelings about George and that they are there to support you as well as your friends. Also sorry that you didn't get into uni but am glad that you looking for a job/apprenticship and I hope that one will come up soon ~ good luck with it.
Really glad that things are starting to look up and that your bf is helping you, espically through the difficult times.
Welcome back to DT
wadey
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Welcome back, Holly :D I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, it is always very upsetting when someone dies so young. I am glad you're happier now and hope things will get better for you :)
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Pokemoneiei » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:31 am

espically through the difficult times.
gclub
Pokemoneiei
Advanced Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat