Short Term Memory and A levels

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Short Term Memory and A levels

Postby jjk3 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi every one I am new to this. I was just wondering, who else has a terrible short term memory but a great long term?? Also I am 16 (but 17 in July) and I use to be doing my A levels but quit because I found them too hard, who else found this ??
:):)
jjk3
Power Poster

Re: Short Term Memory and A levels

Postby jemstein123 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Yeah I found this, just read as much as you can!
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Postby kat95 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 pm

I know what you are talking about on the short term memory front. The number of times I have put down an essay which I have just printed off and then ten minutes later I cant find it! My long term memory on the other hand is very good, I seem to be able to remember scenes and conversations with other people from years ago and bring them up randomly in a conversation and everybody just stares blankly :) I am doing as levels at the moment I am finding them quite hard too particularly on the organisational front.
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby jjk3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks for the reply, I feel a lot happier since I left sixth form. I also have a great long term memory but I'm terrible with names.
jjk3
Power Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 am

Yes I'm the same I have a good long term memory but more short term memory is not so good I'm not good with names but I am with dates and numbers
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:14 pm

my short term memory is awful. But my long term is amazing! If I memorize things over and over eventually they stick and I never forget them. I remeber how many words are in the 2nd edition volume-20 oxford english dictonary. But I can't remember where I put something I was literally just holding....-.-
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Steph » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Yes my short term memory is awful too but my long term memory is really good and, like Kat95, I can remember conversations from years ago with perfect clarity but walk into a room and not know what I've gone in there for!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Robert White » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 am

My short term memory is rubbish but my long term is good. At A level (I'm currently at University) I got A*A*A. I worked really hard though. Sometimes all you need is to realise that you CAN do it.
Robert White

Postby ben 10 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:59 am

i screwed my a levels up i got A A B B CC D E in my gcse d and e being english but when i got to my alevels i i failed all three subjects. i am the same my memory i forget were i left somthing all the time. i forget y i walk into a room all the time and walk back out and sit down 2 mins later i remeber wat i wanted. but like wat sum of u were say above i rember the most random things that have no meaning or relvence to anything.
ben 10

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:30 pm

good long term memory & not very good short term memory
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat