Does anyone else get weird looks when you're writing?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Does anyone else get weird looks when you're writing?

Postby trembz9393 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

When ever I write, sometimes people just stare on my desk. Girls mainly are the ones who do it and some of them; will be an out right bitch and try to humiliate you, but others just look at you like a freak (but don't say anything to you though). Then they don't talk to you because they think you are "damaged" or "special needs". I mean I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but it just seem to me they are nice to you until they see your hand writing. Don't get me wrong. I've known people who have been good to me and they have never treated me differently, but some people look at me like there's something wrong with me that I can't control.
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Re: Does anyone else get weird looks when you're writing?

Postby Steph » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 pm

People always comment on the state of my handwriting moaning that they can't read it or talking about how messy it is.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Fryodor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, don't worry, when I get stared out by everyone, for doing pretty much with my hands.
But all you really need to is think for youself, and if you can make yourself understood then your beating these idoits!
Let's be honest, if these people are so shallow and weak then to hell with them.
I don't need to you or them to know you're cleverer than they are.
Just get on with your life.
[All a human needs top get by is right,hounor,self-reliances and knowlege ]
[Knowlege is power not all thing people who having nothing but what they claim is.]
Fryodor

Postby Remus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 am

Steph wrote:People always comment on the state of my handwriting moaning that they can't read it or talking about how messy it is.

Same but I always laugh that they should see my brother's handwriting, that's even worse! :lol: I hate it when a tutor is behind you in the class and watching you work, I just stop writing immediately, it really puts me off.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby nathanw-j » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 pm

i have a TA and she keeps asking me if i need help and it is really annoying :(
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby trembz9393 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 pm

nathanw-h wrote:i have a TA and she keeps asking me if i need help and it is really annoying :(

I know that for me, I also like working independently because my brain has a different way of doing school work that no body really gets. Maybe (in a polite way), you can say you would rather try the problems on your own first, and if you need help you won't hesitate to ask. You have to keep in mind; that most people don't understand what it is actually like to have the condition themselves, so they just go by statistics or what they may hear about it, and let those factors affect how they treat you. I know, it's frustrating, because it's ignorance (even for people who are "well educated" on it). You just have to teach them. Show these people that this condition is not all you are, nor is it something they should base off of to make assuptions about you.
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 am

trembz9393 wrote:
nathanw-h wrote:i have a TA and she keeps asking me if i need help and it is really annoying :(

I know that for me, I also like working independently because my brain has a different way of doing school work that no body really gets. Maybe (in a polite way), you can say you would rather try the problems on your own first, and if you need help you won't hesitate to ask. You have to keep in mind; that most people don't understand what it is actually like to have the condition themselves, so they just go by statistics or what they may hear about it, and let those factors affect how they treat you. I know, it's frustrating, because it's ignorance (even for people who are "well educated" on it). You just have to teach them. Show these people that this condition is not all you are, nor is it something they should base off of to make assuptions about you.

i get my own back on them by using my weirdly good maths skills :)
i am in top set for maths and i have a good long term memory which is quite weird but people still complain about my handwriting
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby trembz9393 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

nathanw-h wrote:
trembz9393 wrote:

i am in top set for maths and i have a good long term memory which is quite weird but people still complain about my handwriting

They complain about mine too, and ask me stupid questions. I guess sometimes their ignorance pisses me off, but what can ya do?
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Postby nathanw-j » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

ignore them
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby _robyn_ » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm

nathanw-h wrote:

Iam also have a weird long term memory- and freaky maths skills. In my maths class my nickname is the human calculator :D

But iam also a slow writer- unbelievably slow.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby sarahbrennan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am

i get a lot of stares as my writing is so bad that i have to use a laptop in most of my classes. people do not see past the laptop to get to know me. when i have to right i feel humiliated because everyone try s to read it but cant. the worst is when the teacher calls you up to the top of the room and tells you that she is not correcting your test because she cant make out the words of spelling.
sarahbrennan

Postby trembz9393 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 am

sarahbrennan wrote:i get a lot of stares as my writing is so bad that i have to use a laptop in most of my classes. people do not see past the laptop to get to know me. when i have to right i feel humiliated because everyone try s to read it but cant. the worst is when the teacher calls you up to the top of the room and tells you that she is not correcting your test because she cant make out the words of spelling.

Wow that's harsh on the teacher's part. I remember a similar situation where my 1st grade teacher thought I was writing messy on purpose, so she made me sit on this curb side almost every recess and redo my work. It never got better, but atleast she tried the repetitive teaching and humiliating approach.
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:51 am

_robyn_ wrote:
nathanw-h wrote:

Iam also have a weird long term memory- and freaky maths skills. In my maths class my nickname is the human calculator :D

But iam also a slow writer- unbelievably slow.

human calculator was my nickname in primary school :lol:
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat