Phobia's

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Phobia's

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Maybe your fear of doctors, dentists, nurses, hospitals, medicine, needles, blood, heart rate monitors is because you associate them with illness.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby caterpillar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

It's more the other way round! I'm scared of illness because it means I have to go to hopsital or see a doctor or whatever.
caterpillar

Postby wadey » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:00 pm

My fears are:

crowds
Buses - even though I have to use one nearly everyday :|
spiders
fear of getting burgled which makes it hard for me to sleep at night
loud noises
talking to new people
wadey
Site Admin

Postby DyspraxiaNoMore » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:11 pm

It's hard to say whether I have a "phobia" or not. . . because I'm an extreme hypochondriac and I'm not sure if hypochondria is a type of phobia. I'm fairly sure it is as its the obsessive fear of getting sick or thinking that there's something wrong with you when there really isn't. Either way, it doesn't plague my life as much anymore, but I did find myself debilitated a few years back from this fear.

My mom is a BIG TIME smoker (cigarettes) and she developed a ton of ailments due to it. Seeing her go through all this physical trouble made me fearful that I myself was dying like she was. I'm not sure WHY I thought this, but I did. I guess it may also have something to do with the fact that I have mental/physical problems already.
Victoria
If you have a physical disorder like dyspraxia, a medical alarm is definitely advisable!
DyspraxiaNoMore

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 pm

*hugs* I think hypochondria is a kind of phobia.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby nathanw-j » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:52 pm

i have claustrophobia and Aphenphosmphobia- Fear of being touched. (Haphephobia) & Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched & Enochlophobia- Fear of crowds.
Last edited by nathanw-j on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:09 pm

dont like going round corners cuz i never can tell if there is someone going the other way
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 pm

random phobia which i dont have - Paraskavedekatriaphobia- Fear of Friday the 13th
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Re:

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:29 pm

I used to be afraid of wasps and bees until I found out the easy way to dispose of them (wait until it's dark, and then hit their nest with an aerosol can of wasp killer spray, and then run. problem solved.)

lol :D :lol:
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby sarahbrennan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 am

heights- the glass railings in shopping centres. i frez and can not move. i get in to a panic my eyes tear and i start to grab for anyting that is solid and dose not move.
darkness
neadels- there is just someting about neadels. someone is puting something into you that will case you pain. i feel it is very invasive of privase.

the dentist
sarahbrennan

Postby sarahbrennan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 am

heights- the glass railings in shopping centres. i frez and can not move. i get in to a panic my eyes tear and i start to grab for anyting that is solid and dose not move.
darkness
neadels- there is just someting about neadels. someone is puting something into you that will case you pain. i feel it is very invasive of privase.

the dentist
sarahbrennan

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 pm

NEEDLES AND PRIVACY

i am kind of a spelling nerd who likes all easy words to be spelt right
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:02 pm

nathanw-h wrote:NEEDLES AND PRIVACY

i am kind of a spelling nerd who likes all easy words to be spelt right

Whilst I can appreciate this pedantry (indeed I have the same thing myself!), you should remember that a lot of people on this board are dyslexic or have visual problems caused by dyspraxia which make typos very likely.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:41 pm

i make a lot of typos as well i was ebing odd again

my username is a typo vecause i meant to nathanw-j not nathan w-h :lol: :lol: :lol:
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm

The dark is my main phobia which causes alot of fears to be worse.

So I was scared of lifts incase they got stuck- my fear of the dark means I'm more scared if they get stuck then the lights go out. So I avoid all lifts.

I hate bugs inside, if they are inside the house I'm terrified- I love them when they are outside. :) (except spiders, spiders are evil. No matter if they are inside or outside)

Also another weird one
I'm scared of crowds, and people talking to me. But yet I'm scared of being alone.

I'm scared of clowns- and clowns in the dark is my worst fear of all.

I also hate water.

So if I was ever in a situation where I was in a lift with loads of people, while the light are out and one of the people is dressed as a clown and there is a spider in the top corner and water is flowing in from under the lift.
I literally have this nightmare all the time.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat