Talking to large groups/ doing school presentations

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Talking to large groups/ doing school presentations

Postby Bastie35 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Usually talking to individual people i'm ok and don't have to many problems but talking to a large group I tend to mix my words up or speak with no tone because i'm trying not to mix things up and so whatever i'm saying loses some of its meaning, if I'm talking about a funny event it won't be as funny as I haven't expressed it properly. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so anyway of handling it?

When presenting also I struggle to say anything with a tone to my voice and usually just have to read from a sheet of paper or I completely forget what I'm saying and its not because I don't know the stuff because when I sit down after a presentation I've done when I've forgotten what I'm saying I know the information, I just forgot it whilst I was speaking. Is this common?
Bastie35

Re: Talking to large groups/ doing school presentations

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 pm

i have this but i cant speak to groups biggger than 10 people
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat